New computer with win10 and how will i set Mediaportal up ? (1 Viewer)

JGT

Portal Pro
February 2, 2010
Hi.

Ok.
1. Install MediaPortal (MP2 in my case because MP2 don't need an extra Database Server like MP1 but this also is easily possible with MP1- TV Server).
2. Configure MP to receive TV
3. Install the "TVServerKodi Plugin" to the MP- (TV-) Server.
4. Install and configure Kodi's MediaPortal PVR Addon. Disable any other previously used PVR addons...
5. You're done.

Now you can watch and record Live TV inside Kodi using the MediaPortal TV solution.
I run this on my HTPC in a dedicated Movie room. Is there a way to use hibernate or something so I can record when no one is using the Movie room ?

JGT

Portal Pro
February 2, 2010
My daughter use netflix, can i use this plugin in MP2 also ?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Is there a way to use hibernate or something
    Yes. For this purpose the "PowerScheduler" Plugin for MP's TV Engine exists. The system goes to sleep while it is not used and awake early enough to do a scheduled recording. Once the recording is finished the system goes to standby/hibernate again...

My daughter use netflix, can i use this plugin in MP2 also ?
    Those streaming sites are more or less supported by the Online Videos plugin for MP (1 and 2). Kodi has similar addons too. But as those sites are changing all the time it's hard for the developers to catch up with all the changes. That's why I called it "more or less". Sometimes it's working and the other day it don't work any longer until someone has found the time to fix the plugin again...

Better use "native" Apps or the "Smart" function of your TV for Netflix, Amazon Prime and similar. I don't have Netflix but Prime and I got far the best results with the App pre- installed on my cheap Hisense TV, better than with MP or Kodi and also better than with the "official" Android app... I even got 4K streaming with HDR working on my TV, something I never ever got working on any PC or Android device I have...

But maybe you are meaning something different and like to "record" Netflix streams with the MP TV engine... This is not possible, not allowed and something where those companies are spending an enormous amount of money to prevent it...

JGT

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2010
    Hi.

Yes. For this purpose the "PowerScheduler" Plugin for MP's TV Engine exists. The system goes to sleep while it is not used and awake early enough to do a scheduled recording. Once the recording is finished the system goes to standby/hibernate again...

Those streaming sites are more or less supported by the Online Videos plugin for MP (1 and 2). Kodi has similar addons too. But as those sites are changing all the time it's hard for the developers to catch up with all the changes. That's why I called it "more or less". Sometimes it's working and the other day it don't work any longer until someone has found the time to fix the plugin again...

Better use "native" Apps or the "Smart" function of your TV for Netflix, Amazon Prime and similar. I don't have Netflix but Prime and I got far the best results with the App pre- installed on my cheap Hisense TV, better than with MP or Kodi and also better than with the "official" Android app... I even got 4K streaming with HDR working on my TV, something I never ever got working on any PC or Android device I have...

But maybe you are meaning something different and like to "record" Netflix streams with the MP TV engine... This is not possible, not allowed and something where those companies are spending an enormous amount of money to prevent it...
    :):):) Great support.

JGT

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2010
    Hi.

Ok.
    1. Install MediaPortal (MP2 in my case because MP2 don't need an extra Database Server like MP1 but this also is easily possible with MP1- TV Server).
    2. Configure MP to receive TV
    3. Install the "TVServerKodi Plugin" to the MP- (TV-) Server.
    Nr 2. how do I do that ? under tv servers i can se my htpc is it here I configure MP to recive TV ? I use MP2 now..
    Nr 3. Is it under plugins in MP tv server i fix this ?

JGT

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2010
    :( I cant create a path for my recordings ? I press create share and add my network path folder, but I got adress not unique ?
    \\Computer\Recordings...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Best is to have a look at the MP WIki:
    Here most if not all of your questions are answered.
    Not much time tonite so I can't give a more detailed answer now. I'll be back later...

JGT

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2010
    Hi.
    Not much time tonite so I can't give a more detailed answer now. I'll be back later...
    Ok its work tomorrow so i Will try fix this tomorrow evening, ifall you have time later i appreciate that.

JGT

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2010
    Hi.
    Hello again, i cant find what i want in the wiki, maybe i got it wrong?
    If i want to use iptv i just need to configure tv server PVR-backend yes ?
    And i download the kodi dll file and can activate the plugin , but then i go in to the wall ..cause i cant mapp the recorder folders , i push "create share" but cant browes or type in my recorder folders? I did not go any further after that..

Attachments

• tvserver kodi.png
      tvserver kodi.png
      46.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom