New computer with win10 and how will i set Mediaportal up ? (3 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You really should complete the TV setup for MP before trying to add Kodi- support... You were only half way through the setup process but already installed the tvserverkodi plugin. As long as TV don't work in MP it definitely can't work in Kodi...

You really should follow the step by step guide in Wiki. But as I noticed there is no extra chapter for IPTV. So I will add this chapter here...

See the following as an IPTV specific part of the "Scanning Channels" section. The rest of the setup process is the same for any tuning type.

By default one IPTV "tuner" is activated in the Setup Tool. But you should have at least 2 "tuner" activated. If you only have one virtual tuner you can not record overlapping shows (means shows that are aired one after the other) or two shows at the same time.
    If your internet connection is fast enough you can add even more virtual tuner here...

At first you need the m3u playlist for your IPTV service. How this looks, how it is named and where to find depends on your IPTV provider. but it will have the file extension ".m3u". You must have it as you are already using in in Kodi (IPTV Simple addon)... This m3u list needs to be copied into "c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\v3.0\TuningParameters\dvbip\" (if you don't changed the default path during MP2 installation). "c:\ProgramData\" is a hidden folder by default, so you need to make it visible before copying the playlist...

Now restart the Server and you can select your IPTV Service in the setuptv.exe tool:
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg
    My m3u is named "astra19_2_TRIAX_TV" but yours will have a different name. My TV server is named "CHEKOV" but yours most likely is named different. Open (click on the little +) TV Servers, then open your server and select the first DVB-IP virtual tuner. Then a new tab appears looking like the on in the screenshot. At "Service" you need to select your IPTV m3u playlist. Now you can "scan for channels". This will take some time depending on how much channels are in your playlist. You will be informed about the progress in the lower part of the window... When channel scan is finished you will have many channels in your list, that can be used with MediaPortal.
    Now continue with the next steps described in Wiki:

Channel Mapping

Organizing TV Channels

Recording Folders and Settings

When you setup your recordings and timeshift folders you better use "UNC" path (\\Server\Folder\) instead of local drive letters (D:\Folder\) For Kodi you nevertheless need the folders accessible from network so you best prepare them this way right from the beginning.

After done with the basic configuration of the MP TV Engine you should restart the server (or the whole PC) so all changes are activated properly.

Next steps are to add EPG data to your TV setup. This is described in the Wiki here:

Or you may have a look at my tool "EPG-Buddy". A link can be found in my signature.

Now you should test, if everything is working as expected in the MP2 client. If all is as it should, you now can add Kodi support.

As the plugin already is installed you now can "create shares" in the plugin if needed:
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

Most of the time the shares are already "green" (means they are working), so you most likely don't need to do anything here.

Now it's time to setup the MediaPortalPVR Addon in Kodi.
    The following screenshots are done in German language and with a modified "Aeon MQ8" skin, so your Kodi looks different a bit but the functionality is the same.

First install and activate the "MediaPrtal PVR Addon"
    Screenshot_20200222-114559_1.jpg

Then configure it:
    Screenshot_20200222-114615_1.jpg

The host name or IP and the SMB user/password are required. The rest is optional and can be set to your needs.
    Screenshot_20200222-114645_1.jpg

Now the "TV module has content:
    Screenshot_20200222-114713_1.jpg

Here's the EPG as it looks on my setup:
    Screenshot_20200222-114754_1.jpg

And here are the already existing schedules:
    Screenshot_20200222-114821_1.jpg

The dialog to add a timer rule from EPG
    Screenshot_20200222-121501_1.jpg

and finally the dialog to add new schedules manually
    Screenshot_20200222-114835_1.jpg

Hope you now can setup your TV too. If not, I'm out of ideas...

Last edited:

JGT

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2010
    Hi.
    IPTV is a bit more tricky than that...
    You need to copy the m3u into "c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\v3.0\TuningParameters\dvbip\" to see it in the Settings of the TV part... But MP (both, 1 and 2) need some special formatting inside the m3u list so your list may or may not work.
    After copying the m3u list you need to restart the MP2 server and then enter setuptv. Here you need to select your playlist as "Service"
    View attachment 203807
    and after that do a "normal" channel scan and mapping...

If this is working, all is fine. But if it did not work you probably must edit the m3u to change the formatting to a way, MP likes...

Edit:
    By the way, C:\Program Data\ normally is a hidden folder so you need to take care of this...
    Hello Lehmden, i am following your excellent guide.
    But my m3u list from my provider is not working MP2 tvserver says only "Status" when i try scanning for over 10 min... So maybe i need to edit the list ?
    How ? I have attached a screenshot..

Attachments

• m3u.list.jpg
      m3u.list.jpg
      728.8 KB

JGT

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2010
    Hello Lehmden, i am following your excellent guide.
    But my m3u list from my provider is not working MP2 tvserver says only "Status" when i try scanning for over 10 min... So maybe i need to edit the list ?
    How ? I have attached a screenshot..
    I tried google a bit.. but cant find a solution tried both save as m3u and m3u8 but still no channels when i scan. Anybody ?:(

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    This I can't answer as I'm not located in Sweden and never had a look at a working list for your IPTV Provider.
    You best open a new threat with a meaningful title (like "IPTV Sweden, Provider XYZ need help with m3u list") asking only for this specific issue. This way someone who is using the same provider than you maybe see it and is able to help...

JGT

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2010
    Hi.
    This I can't answer as I'm not located in Sweden and never had a look at a working list for your IPTV Provider.
    You best open a new threat with a meaningful title (like "IPTV Sweden, Provider XYZ need help with m3u list") asking only for this specific issue. This way someone who is using the same provider than you maybe see it and is able to help...
    Ok thanks i'll do that and the continue with youre guide. :)

JGT

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2010
    Hello again I am now focusing in installing MP2 and Movies. I have installed MP2 server and client on same computer, but I thought that I can acess a other server and a NAS and Watch Movies ? But cant see how to configure that ? I choose clinet and server when installing and maybe that was wrong?
    I have installed MP2 on this computer.
    1. I want to watch tv from this computer.
    2.I want to Watch movies from this computer but the Movies are on another server and on a NAS.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    but I thought that I can acess a other server and a NAS and Watch Movies ?
    No. As you only can use one MP2 server in your home network, you only need to install one MP2 server in your home network. Theoretically it's possible to have more than one server but this don't make any sense and it's very uncomfortable as you always need to detach and rebind your client to the server you recently want to use. For the fast majority of users it's strongly recommended to only have one single MP2 server in the home network.

Remove the "new" server on the NAS and use the one with working TV for all your clients. It's possible that you need to detach the client on the NAS and re-bind it to the "old" MP2 server one time., if you still want to use the client on the NAS...
    You can add media sources from a NAS easily as long as they are in a shared folder (means if you can access them with explorer from the pc where the MP2 server is installed).

Now you can use any of your clients, no matter if they are on the same or a different system to add, remove and configure media sources...
    But first you need to enter your network credentials used to access the share. Up to now MP2 only can store one set of credentials so you need to use the same user with the same password on all NAS you may have in your home network...
    All this also is nicely described in the wiki:

And you better also read the chapter about preparing your media items (folder structure naming schemes and probably external fanart and metadata), best before setting up your media sources so you will have good success importing your movies:

JGT

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2010
    Hi.

No. As you only can use one MP2 server in your home network, you only need to install one MP2 server in your home network. Theoretically it's possible to have more than one server but this don't make any sense and it's very uncomfortable as you always need to detach and rebind your client to the server you recently want to use. For the fast majority of users it's strongly recommended to only have one single MP2 server in the home network.
    Hello Lehmden.
    Yes i know i should read the wikis more, i have done that 10 years ago when setting MP1 up. I will try do better. But I think i explained this poorly.
    I have only one computer on the network (with mediaportal on ) same as I want to watch TV from. I will use this computer to watch movies that are stored in a NAS and in another home server(MP is not on that). I read (fast) the wiki and connected the NAS and the other computer to MP2 i n settings. But have problem to get MP to acess the movie folders in the other computers. I now use kodiplayer to do the same thing it works fine. But my goal is to have MP2 doing that and also get my IPTV to work (I the IPTV issue on another tread now).

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    It's still something you should have found in the Wiki...
    You first need to add the user/password to access the share on the NAS in (one of) the MP2 Client. In Settings > Media Sources > Network Credentials (or similar, my MP2 is running in German language here it is named "Netzwerk-Zugangsdaten"...).
    As long as you didn't enter those data the MP2 server has no access to the shared folder on your NAS... All media sources you probably may have added before entering the user/password are not working and must be removed and re- added after a restart of the MP2 server...

JGT

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2010
    Ok i have decided to use MP1 instead, that i have used Before.
    I unistalled MP2 and when installing MP1 in win 10 it asks for net framework 3.5. And when i try install net framework it says that it is already a part of win 10 OS ? So what to do ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom