New Database & Multi-disc albums (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have several multi-disc albums setup with disc tags. These just get ordered by MP as
    01 - track 1
    01 - track 1
    01 - track 1
    02 - track 2
    02 - track 2

I can see there are several posts about this in the past however they all appear prior to the database changing. Looking in the database I can see that the iDisc and IDiscNum fields are correctly populated but I see no way of manipulating this in MP ?

Ideally I would like to see something like meedio where you could have a level in the view which listed all the discs for an album but was skipped if only one value was found. For the time being however I could live with just having the whole album listed as
    disc 1 - 01 - track 1
    disc 1 - 02 - track 2
    disc 2 - 01 - track 1

Can I access / use these fields from the database in either the views or the sort ??

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    if the the disc number has been really specified you should see the following:
    101 - track1 <- 1 (Dsc1) 01 (track1)
    102 - track2
    201 - track1
    202 - track2

this should have been done already by the importer. so iTRack should alrady contain 101 for Track1 on Disc 1

and therefor this is correctly displayed.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Typically the items I was looking at in the database were not the ones I was looking at in MP :$

The albums which are tagged correctly are shown as you say... I just need to go back and fix the tagging on a few albums.

Not an ideal solution but it works. Thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom