new epg function (1 Viewer)

wertzui

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2005
    i thought that it would be nice to have an option, that will automaticaly change to a selected movie when it starts.

so if you want to see the news at 20:00 on channel a
    and the blockbuster at 20:15 on channel b,
    you go to the epg, select the movie and click "change to channel when movie starts"
    now mp will automatically change to channel b at 20:15 so you can watch your movie.

Khris

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2005
    Edmonton, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I think a better alternative to this would be to expand on the already implimented 5 minute notification dialog.

Perhaps options on the dialog to "Tune to channel at program start" and/or "Tune to channel immediately".

Khris

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2005
    Edmonton, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I realize that!

My point was that we already have the "Notify" option available which pops up a dialog box 5 minutes before the program starts so why not add his idea to this dialog box which is already implemented instead of a completely new option.

wertzui

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2005
    maybe it would be good to have both versions.
    so if i have show one from 10:00 to 11:00 and show two from 10:30 to 11:30,
    and i dont know if show one is interesting, i will have a dialog poping up, asking me if i want to change channels at the right time.
    but if i already know there is a blockbsuter coming, maybe ill mark it for watching a couple of days ago.

and i think it would be good too, if you could have an option to start tv automatically even if you are not in the tv module.
    and of course have this for series would be cool.
    so i may listen to a radio stream and when simpsons start, it will change to tv automatically :)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    wertzui said:
    maybe it would be good to have both versions.
    so if i have show one from 10:00 to 11:00 and show two from 10:30 to 11:30,
    and i dont know if show one is interesting, i will have a dialog poping up, asking me if i want to change channels at the right time.
    but if i already know there is a blockbsuter coming, maybe ill mark it for watching a couple of days ago.

and i think it would be good too, if you could have an option to start tv automatically even if you are not in the tv module.
    and of course have this for series would be cool.
    so i may listen to a radio stream and when simpsons start, it will change to tv automatically :)

Maybe it is just me today, but that sure seemed to be confusing.

Mike

wertzui

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2005
    i ment the following:
    have khris and mine suggestions together
    and an option to start tv automatically (yo if you are lsitening to music, it will change to mytv and start the tv)

Khris

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2005
    Edmonton, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    wertzui said:
    i ment the following:
    and an option to start tv automatically (yo if you are lsitening to music, it will change to mytv and start the tv)

If I'm listening to music, and a show is coming on that I've set a reminder for, I'd like to see a reminder o come up on the screen giving me three options, 1) Tune to <Program Name> at start of broadcast, 2) Tune to <Prgram Name> immediately, and 3) Cancel reminder. This dialog box should remain on the screen until either a choice is made, or (if ignored), then automatically assume that the user wants to accept the reminder at the program start time.

That way if I'm listening to music when the reminder comes up, it doesn't automatically kill the music to turn on the TV, I'd rather have the choice and decide if I want to accept the reminder, or cancel it.

It also means that if I'm listening to music (or any other activity via MP) and not in the livingroom to see the reminder, it will stay on the screen until the program begins. By then, if I haven't chose to either accept it or clear it will still tune to the TV program so that you don't miss it.

wertzui

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2005
    kris i ment that you have the option to set either a reminder or autotune.
    so then you could use the reminder and i could use the autotune.
    and everyone else can decide what he wants to use.

rcadia

February 11, 2006
    Khris said:
    wertzui said:
    i ment the following:

If I'm listening to music, and a show is coming on that I've set a reminder for, I'd like to see a reminder o come up on the screen giving me three options, 1) Tune to <Program Name> at start of broadcast, 2) Tune to <Prgram Name> immediately, and 3) Cancel reminder. This dialog box should remain on the screen until either a choice is made, or (if ignored), then automatically assume that the user wants to accept the reminder at the program start time.

That way if I'm listening to music when the reminder comes up, it doesn't automatically kill the music to turn on the TV, I'd rather have the choice and decide if I want to accept the reminder, or cancel it.

It also means that if I'm listening to music (or any other activity via MP) and not in the livingroom to see the reminder, it will stay on the screen until the program begins. By then, if I haven't chose to either accept it or clear it will still tune to the TV program so that you don't miss it.

Very good idea but I'd like another one option to be added to mentioned dialog box. I mean option to schedule the show for recording. It would be nice to to keep watching the current channel or listening to the music and don't miss reminded broadcasting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom