New iMon RF remote can turn on the PC! (1 Viewer)

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
I used to use the IMon Pad from Soundgraph which let you boot your PC even in total shutdown (it's a direct connection on the "power on" jumper on the motherboard). This is very cool but the remote itself is quite useless in MP since the "pad" is totally unaccurate.

E.G. :

You try to push right to jump 15 seconds in a movies and it detects it as a "up" so you jump 30 minutes or so forward. Very annoying. Same thing happend it the main menu where it never goes where you want it to go. :(

So I bought a MCE Remote EU and it runs well (i can go to S3 and resume with the remote without any trouble)

As I could see this version uses a different "pad" but I would be affraid the same problems will rise :(

I did now buy a MCE Keyboard too and I must say this is definitly a must have ^_^

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
The MCE Remote can put your computer to standby mode and wake it up. This is a standard feature.

I don't know if it can wakes from total shut down (S0) or from hibernation (S4 , suspend-to-disk), but at least the S3 (suspend-to-ram) is ok for me.

wewe

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Herxheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
they point is that the device (remote, keyboard, ... whatsoever) must be an USB device. Current Mainboards do have the possibility to keep the USB port supplied with power in S3 state.

Other solutions (like hauppauge remote which is connected to the hauppauge card) do not have this possibility (because they are not supplied with power).

So what ever remote is an USB device can be used to wakeup the PC

thanks+regards
WeWe

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    wewe said:
    So what ever remote is an USB device can be used to wakeup the PC

Not true - The device has to support Wake-on-USB as well. If not then the device will not wake the system from S3.

I have an intervideo remote that connects through USB but the device does not power on the system from an S3 or even S1 sleep state. I have to set jumpers on my motherboard to supply 5VSB to the USB ports, and the remote works when the machine is asleep (the LED on the reciever blinks when a button is pressed) but the device itself will not wake the machine.

Rybber

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2004
    Denmark
    gxtracker said:
    I have an intervideo remote that connects through USB but the device does not power on the system from an S3 or even S1 sleep state. I have to set jumpers on my motherboard to supply 5VSB to the USB ports, and the remote works when the machine is asleep (the LED on the reciever blinks when a button is pressed) but the device itself will not wake the machine.

True. I have the same problem with my Niveus PC remote even though the USB receiver is lit and wake-on-USB is enabled by jumpers on the MB.

(if anyone stumbles over iMon 2.4G reviews, please post the link here)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom