Ongoing New Mac Mini (1 Viewer)

warney

Portal Member
March 21, 2009
Home Country
Hi everyone just wanted to know if anyone is using the new mac minis as there htpc and using mediaportal on it?
http://http://www.apple.com/au/macmini/specs.html
I have the 320 gb version on order and cant wait for it to arrive. I understand i have to use bootcamp to install windows & mediaportal, any other advice or thoughts on the system itself or getting mediaportal to run on it?:D

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    I use the older version, thinking about getting the new one thought.
    No problems with setup, but since the graphic card in the older model wasn't the greatest, I think the new one will be much better choice.
    Please share your experience performance wise once you get it.

milhouse

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2006
    Raleigh, NC U.S.
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I also have one of the old ones - not even dual core. It definitely struggles with performance, especially 1080p. I am also very interested in your experience with a new one.

bazzz

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    You'll probably only need boot camp to generate the drivers disk. When you boot your Windows installation disk you can delete the Mac OS partition if you like. I have done this with my MacBook and it works fine.

1 GB doesn't sound like a lot of memory if that's shared with the graphics card. I guess Apple like to make some extra $$$ installing memory for people.

EDIT: Oh, I see this one comes with 2 GB of memory. A bit more sensible then.

HaggleLad

April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, I am considering purchasing a new Mac-Mini for XBMC/MediaPortal use and would be very interested in hearing your experiences of UI performance and HD performance...

waubeno52

Portal Member
    December 29, 2011
    Did any of you have any luck getting MP up on a mac mini running windows in bootcamp...would love some tips/advice...or a link to a guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom