New MP user questions (1 Viewer)

fubrite

October 2, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, I'm a new user to MediaPortal, and I have a few questions.

The first is about renaming the recordings - I have the 0.2 release. I have set MP to rename my recordings to 'episode number - episode name' but so far it just renames them to 'unknown - unknown'. Where does MP get the episode info from? I am downloading the epg from Digiguide (using webepg, I am in the UK) - should I be using another source to get this info? I tried using the built in XMLTV grabber with the same results.

Finally, how does MP handle recording duplicates, if at all? More than a few of the programmes I watch are repeated later on in the day/week, and if I set MP to record everytime on every channel, will I get all of them, regardless of whether they've already been recorded?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Stefan

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
July 10, 2006
Lower Hutt
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
To your second question - yes, you get every ep recorded as many times as it is shown. Deleting the extras isn't hard, though (as long as you have the guide so you can see the ep summaries...)

fubrite

October 2, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thanks, Testerboy, for the answer to my second question. Your help was much appreciated!

Surely there's someone out there that knows the answer to my first question? I did try to search the forums, but found nothing. If there's already a thread on it, could someone point me to it?

If I've posted in the wrong forum, I'm sorry, but then could someone tell me which forum would be more appropriate?

Come on guys, help me out! I really like MediaPortal so far, and want to continue using it, but I haven't got the time to manually rename every single file!

Looking forward to hearing something soon... :)

Stefan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom