New MP user, two questions (1 Viewer)

cdouglas

Portal Member
September 10, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello,
I am a new MP user as of today, replacing BM due to its numerous shortcomings. So far, most everything is working great, much better than BM was.

I do have two small issues that I would like to ask about.

1. Are there keybbard commands to jump to specific sections ( video, pictures,etc) soI can map them to my firefly remote application buttons?

2. I am stll using BTV for tv viewing. I got it added to the MP home page by the Multishortcut plugin and that works fine as long as I turned off "MP is always in front" in the setup. But when I did that, when I play avi or MPG's, my remote wont work until I use the mouse to left click on the video once so it regains focus. Is there a way for the video not lose focus and still allow BTV to start over it when needed?

Thanks
Chris

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    To map keys to specific screens, you need the MyKeys plugin.
    You can't change the configuration, but the built in keys are all I've ever needed anyway...

As for BTV, why do it that way? The TV engine in MP is excellent nowadays, as far as I am concerned. Am I missing something? Seems like you are just making things hard on yourself...

cdouglas

Portal Member
    September 10, 2006
    Home Country
    I stayed with BTV because of the EPG, and because I already shelled out money for it. I played with the My TV for about 30 mins and couldnt find a way to enter my specific locale/carrier and just get the listings for my area. All I saw was like ABC central, WB central, etc. So I decided just to stick with BTV since I am happy with the way it operates. From what I have seen, BTV still has MP beat on tv, and MP has BM beat by a long shot on the rest.

Efros, Your firefly profile was actually what made me decide to try MP. If I didnt find that so fast, I probably would have assumed it didnt work with the big firefly and kept looking.

Thanks for the info on mykeys, I'll get that installed.

BTW, I installed MP for my dad today also on his HTPC, using BTV as well for the TV part. He was happy with how it worked as well and it worked great with his Harmony that was programmed with Firefly mini commands. I am also helping two other friends in a couple weeks install their htpc systems who have already bought btv/bm and I am going to have them install MP for the media. I am going to set them up with My TV first so they can make their own decision on the tv program though.

cdouglas

Portal Member
    September 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Thanks for the info on the plugin. I'll install it and give it another try when I have a little free time.

BTW, I posted my findings about MP over at Snapstreams forums and it loks like there are going to be quite a few more converts. :)

-Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom