new "now playing" screen: how are "additional titles" computed? (1 Viewer)

JulianBuss

Portal Pro
November 14, 2004
Hi,

I'm using the new "now playing" screen which I like a lot. There is a section where "additional titles marked as: <genre>" are displayed. This is cool, but I don't understand it :)

Example: I play "make me pure" from Robbie Williams which has the genre "Pop British". The "now playing" screen displays: "additional titles marked as: Pop Entry" and the following titles:

- Jennifer Page - Crush (gerne "Pop Entry")
- Maroon 5 - Sweetes Goodbye (genre
- Robbie Williams - Let me Entertain You (gerne "Pop Party")

This is confusing... what exactly does the "additional titles marked as: " line display? How are the recommendations computed? Is there a bug?

thanks,
Julian

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
I believe the recommendations are taken from last.fm as part of the integration with audio "scrobbling". They would correspond to songs that last.fm things are similar to that which is currently playing. I am not sure what bug you are referring to.

JulianBuss

Portal Pro
November 14, 2004
ok, that makes sense. But then the line "additional titles marked as: <genre>" is confusing. Perhaps that should be changed to "similar songs" or something like that.

garion

Portal Member
January 20, 2006
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi

I also think GENRE shows what last.fm has stored for that title.
It is NOT the genre taged in your file/ stored in the MP database.

greets
Garion

JulianBuss

Portal Pro
November 14, 2004
garion,

that's unlikely. My genres are pretty indivdual, I'm sure last.fm does not have genres like "Pop Party", "70s Pop", "Pop British" or "Pop British Party"... these are exact my own genres, and they always match the first of the suggested titles (but only the first, the other two usually have other genres).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom