new plugin for changing channels (DirecTV w/serial port) (1 Viewer)

opusnut

Portal Pro
February 22, 2006
natrlhy,

Two things.. first please pastebin or email me a copy of your logs trying to change to a few channels above 255. Also.. do you see the Directv OSD when you change channels?

opusnut
Nevermind :) i didnt realize his new version was so different. I'll let scoop field the questions.. :)

opusnut

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    opusnut,

Would you still like to work with me with your plugin? scoop is working on other things ATM and may not be able to look into his plugin for a few weeks...

I'm dying to get channel changing working. ;)

opusnut

Portal Pro
    February 22, 2006
    Well i've been looking through scoops code and it is much better and complete than mine which is based off the original. Although it still has the same problem as the older one did in regards to the D10,D11,H10 and H20 STBs from DirecTv. So i will try and edit his version and make sure he gets the corrections to re release it.

I'd be happy to work with you nartrly and anyone for that matter. Please pastebin or send me your logs from changing channels above 256. Make sure that you turn on extensive logging

Thanx..
    opusnut

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    I'm all over getting the logs now! :D

UPDATE:

Here is a log file: http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/10535

It was strange. After changing to some channels above 268+ the satellite box reads the channel on the front display as: 42662-

Pretty wild. I have to stop and restart MP in order for the plugin to work again.

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    It's WORKING!

I am EXTREMELY happy to say that after opusnut provided me a modified DirecTV.SerialInterface.dll (goes in the mediaportal base dir) I can now change to ALL my DirecTV receiver channels! :D

I'm not sure what was modified, but it changes to all the channels I select via the TV Guide, Mini TV Guide and with the CH +/- keys.

The only thing I need to get working is entering in channels with the number pad on the MCE remote. Some log files indicated that the keys weren't mapped but I'm just using the default mapping.

Hopefully the modifications opusnut made do not break the existing original plugin scoop created: http://scoop.cybox.nl/mediaportal/tmp/DirecTV_new.zip

I'd like to get this plugin uploaded to the main site's plugin repository, but I'm not sure if I can do that since I'm not the code writer, etc.

It would be necessary to do more testing with it as well. I'm more than happy to test futher!

For anyone else, I'm using a DirecTV HTL-HD receiver. The plugin settings are set to RCA(New) in the config in case anyone is wondering. When I select that Model I did not change anything else so I'm using the default options provided.

Thank you opusnut and scoop! This was awesome and a huge breakthrough for me!:D :D :D

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi natrlhy,

If you don't mind then I would like to take care of uploading the plugin to the plugin repository on the homepage. That's my intention after all, but first I want to look into opusnut's changes and incorporate those into my sources. Still there's one thing left to do and that's writing a proper wiki page about the plugin, to assist newcoming users of the plugin. If anyone who uses it would like to step up and do it that would be great! :)

I've replied to opusnut's PM so we can get in sync with the source code. And of course anyone is welcome to do changes to the plugin, as its goal is to support as many of these boxtypes as possible. It's Open Source after all! :)

Kind regards,
    Michel

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    Hi scoop,

By all means! It is your original code and I just want to ensure it's in a place that everyone can see. I find it hard to read through post after post looking for plugins. I'd like it to be as visible as possible once it is fully tested and deemed worthy of being on the main pages' Download section.:)

I'm sure you agree, I just want to ensure plenty of testing is done to make sure it's as compatible as can be. Being from the US, I know that newcomers to MP will need this plugin if they are to get things working properly and quickly.

I would be more than happy to flush out the wiki information! I've been looking forward to contributing more than just monetary donations :) (although that is more than welcome still I'm sure!)

I'm not sure if it is needed, but since I have a Hughes HTL-HD STB, I'm wondering if the Model selection should be named something like Hughes instead of RCA(new). When I was trying this plugin out at first, I didn't think that selection would apply to me since the manufacture of my box is totally different.

I'd like to gather more information for posting information on the wiki. I'll make sure I'm fully armed and educated before I do so.

Thanks!
    Hy

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    Is anyone else having problems with all of these plugins no longer working with the newest SVN? After installing yesterday's SVN I could no longer change channels. I went back to my backup installation which is 0.2.0.0 with stable patches and channel changing worked again. I installed today's SVN over that and channel changing, once again, doesn't work. I've tested with the dtvcontrol application to ensure it's not my serial cable. I can change channels just fine with that application. Log file shows no sign of any problems. I will post it if need be, but I don't think this is just me.

Nevermind, fixed in the latest SVN. Developers, you guys rock.

mackandall

Portal Member
    October 20, 2006
    Has anyone gotten this plugin to work with the lastest edition of MP? I cant seem to get it to work. I know the serial cable is ok because it works in beyond tv and in GBPVR.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    mackandall - I would recommend going back to the last stable release and use that along with this plugin coupled with the zap2it plugin. Releases like this are bleeding edge and if you can't afford to bleed (meaning much time and sometimes frustration trying to research the problem) then you shouldn't be the bleeding edge release. Please don't think this as being a slam but this comes from someone who has been in the software business for many years. It is better to use a stable release and check to see what others are using with that plugin to make it work before jumping off the deep end!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom