NEW PLUGIN - for XMLTV channel names (1 Viewer)

opusnut

Portal Pro
February 22, 2006
This plugin will allow you to "re-map" the names of the channels downloaded from the Zap2It XMLTV tv guide to the names listed in you MP channel configuration. This lets you have names in your guide that are a little more readable than the generic ones from Zap2It.

Enjoy and post any bugs and/or comments in this thread. This is still a work in process!

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Plugins/EPG/XMLTVmapper/

Thanx!

opusnut

nzsp

Portal Member
May 16, 2006
Calgary, Canada
Hi, just so I understand what is going on as I go through my first fumblings with MP!

I see that the xml file that I get from Zap2it has useful channel names such as "46 SPACEC". But, if I want, I can go into the MP configuration and manually change the name to say "Space" which is more friendly. However, everytime I import an updated xml file it would set the name back to "46 SPACEC".

What your executable does is to set up a mapping of the channel names so that when you get a new xml file you can run your executabvle and get an updated xml file to import that has the channel names reset to the friendly ones.

If you are doing an automatic retrieval of your tvguide.xml using a bat file I guess you should also include a line to run your mapper in there as well so you end up with the right names.

Am I close?

I also notice that the original tvguide.xml file seems to have a number of different names for each channel, the first one being something like "46 SPACEC" and other ones like "Space channel". Would it not be possible to somehow pick up these more obvious channel names directly?

Cheers,
Steve

opusnut

Portal Pro
February 22, 2006
Hi steve,

you pretty much hit it on the head. MP will only import data from the xml file for channels that match the names listed in the configuration. So i wrote this app to change the names of each program in the Zap2It guide to the ones you have set in MP. It writes a new XML guide file including ONLY the programs for channels that have been configured in my mapper.

I am working on a command line version so that it can be included into a bat file. As far as i can tell, MP only matches the first channel name listed in the XMLTV file and there is no existing way to choose one of the others. After i get the command line version out, i am going to try to get a full fledge plugin that will do it all natively inside MP with scheduled download and all.

thanx..
opusnut

opusnut

Portal Pro
February 22, 2006
YEP... thats pretty much it... haha.. well thats one project off my plate.. :) Cant wait to test it! i guess it's onto my next idea!

opusnut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom