New plugin idea - MPBedtime (1 Viewer)

pwatt01

Portal Member
August 9, 2010
Home Country
Hello all!

I am now to developing MP plugins and was hoping to garner some help from this place. I will explain what I am planning to do,, and if you could tell me if it is possible (or already done) then that would be great

the idea->
I have noticed that we sometome stay up to late watchin episode after episode of TV through MP. I was thinking of making a (very simple) plugin that looks at the current time, adds the number of minutes the TV show (and/or movie) will take and a and if the show will finish after a pre-set 'bedtime' then it will not let you watch the show.

I have read through the wiki and am doing a 'hello world' plugin at the moment, but any help form here will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It's better to control yourself....
    But if you really want to let somebody else control you --> why don't you use this

crazy crazy world.... watch the video...

pwatt01

Portal Member
    August 9, 2010
    Home Country

I did have a look at this one and discounted it for 2 reasons -
    1-> It will turn things off halfway through a show
    2-> I would really like to learn the ins and outs of plugin dev. and thought this is a simple start

It's better to control yourself....
    But if you really want to let somebody else control you --> why don't you use this
    crazy crazy world.... watch the video...

Not so much about control, as using it as a learning experience, though could be good for kids. That Pavlok looks pretty intense though.. especially that part where you pay money if you miss the gym

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    @pwatt01, please, code what you want and dont listen them if it is for learning (y)
    From my side I'd like to help you with any step of plugin development.
    You can find me on IRC in #mediaportal/#moving-pictures/#mp-tvseries etc channels or just drop me PM.
    Dont forget to read wiki about plugin development which have code sample.
    Unfortunately, it's probably outdated but I'll help you to overcome problems.
    Good luck.

pwatt01

Portal Member
    August 9, 2010
    Home Country
    Thanks Edalex! I have read the wiki but like you said it seems somewhat out of date. I'll contact you when/if i get stuck and need some help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom