[New Plugin] MyMovies (1 Viewer)

sixgun

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 31, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sorry for the lack of a response. I've been a bit busy with work so haven't had the time to look at this other stuff :)

sixgun

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 31, 2008
    Home Country
    @sixgun: for beginning I want to point you to some wiki pages http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/Contribute/Development/3_Concepts/Metadata_system. It's not complete, but should be seen as introduction.

I'd not even considered pulling any meta data from the files themselves, I am purely using api @ themoviedb.org. The only info I pull from the files are the video resolution/codes/framerate/running time/etc, audio codecs/languages/etc and subtitle info

I can recommend to try the recent https://www.team-mediaportal.com/news/mediaportal-2-winter-release-alpha-1 to get an own impression :) I think you will have some good ideas how to improve Movie (and maybe Series) features...

I've just bought myself a "backup" HP microserver and now have a spare HTPC after a recent upgrade, so I'll try and setup another mediaportal "network" to try it out.

I've been spending quite a bit of time recently ripping my windows service apart and re-writing it using Test-First, so everything is abstracted and therefore mockable. I have quite a few unit tests in place now making sure it all works, whereas before I relied on testing in manually, which sucked. I've got some ideas on how to handle duplicate/unknown movies which would completely negate the need for any kind of UI around the resolution of such things. But my service works best if the imdb id is embedded within the filename in square brackets. Although there has been one occasion where it couldn't find the movie, but I just added the imdb id to the relevant movie on themoviedb.org.

If you're interested I can give you access to my bitbucket repository so you can take a look at what I've been working on.

Regards.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you're interested I can give you access to my bitbucket repository so you can take a look at what I've been working on.
    Yes, I'm interested :) Always good to get some new ideas! Please drop me a PM with details.

sixgun

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 31, 2008
    Home Country
    I've managed to spend a little time recently on this plugin. I've just implemented syslog based logging and deployed to my 4 client PCs. I've noticed one of them is loading all the movies every 5 minutes!

I'm not sure if I've put the loading code in the right place within the plugin. It gets done in my override of GUIWindow.OnPageLoad, is that right? If not then where should it go? If it is right, then is there something else I can check to make sure my plugin actually has focus.

This happens when my plugin isn't active, so perhaps there is something I'm not doing right in terms of releasing resources and tidying up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom