[new Plugin] UPNP TV Server (1 Viewer)

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi folks,

I just on my way to buying more UPNP harware, so maybe its a good time to release a preview for those who are interested to test it.

My test configuration rigth now :

MediaPortal 1.0.2 (dont bug me about the alpha/beta yet)
UPNP Browser plugin to control the UNP (works also with WMP 11, see below)

Intel AV Renderer

UPNP TV Server (this version)

following plugins in a plugin available rigth now
-Flickr (pictures)
-TV Server Radio (music)
-N-Joy Podcast (music)
These are only for the "proof of concept". But of course they work.
I had to remove the ******* plugin since they changed their site, but theoreticly it is possible to provide a plugin very similar to online video. (video)

Right now my main work was focus on the music part. There are different directories for the genre with random titles. It uses the database from the MP instead looking up the data each time. So you need to generate the DB if you want the ID3 tags.

I will buy a UPNP radio next week, then we will see where we are. Transcoding for video will be the next goal.

So here are the files. Copy the files into your folder "...Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal TV Server\Plugins\"
For the browser use the MPI installer.

Regards
kroko

Attachments

• UPNP Browser.MPE1
    30.6 KB
  • Plugins 0510 2009.zip
    30.6 KB

kloges

Portal Member
April 5, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
The upnp server don't work with setup

HI kroko,

i don't get the upnp server to work. I have copied the files from zip file into the Plugins folder of TV Server Installation.
The TV Server shows the Plugin and i can also enable it but it is not possbile to add Shared Folder or to mark Checkbox under MediaPortal Shares(You can mark them but the change are not saved). It also doesn't show the Plugins which were mentioned in your post. Any idea why it doesn't work ?

My Installation is a Multiseat installation. The TV Service is running on a Windows2003 x64 maschine. The Media Portal Client is with running on Windows Vista X64. A running Twonkymedia Server i stopped for the Testing. The Upnp client is a Playstation 3.
The PS3 is already able to see the UPNP but without content.

Regards
Knud

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi kloges,

arghh my mistake... Since I moved from a plugin code to a server code I missed some part during the change.
I quick fixed the manual set of shares. You should be able to add / remove shares now.

I will work on the MP dirs next. I will try to fix it till tomorrow. In the meantime you can download the new version in the first post.

Did you also put the dir "UPNP_Plugins" unter "Plugins" ?

Regards
kroko

kloges

Portal Member
April 5, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
The upnp server don't work with my setup

Yes.

Hi kroko

With the new version i am able to add shares for the different type of content
but when i try to access the UPNP Server with Media Player or PS3
i don't see any content. No Videos and also now Mp3 File to play.

Where it stores the Media Information. In a separate table in tv server database ? I don't see
such kind of table in that database.

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi kloges,

hm, very strange. The data is not stored anywhere. The information is parsed just in time.

Can you mabe try if you can see the content with

Cidero - UPnP Control Point and UPnP Bridge Software

or

with my MP UPNP browser ? I read somewhere the WMP and the PS3 are a little bit tricky on UPNP.
I attched also my complete "Plugins folder" so you can compare if I missed maybe something.

I only access the database to read the file information from there, if possible.

Thanks for your help !

Regards
kroko

kloges

Portal Member
April 5, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I checked it today with Cidero and with the UPNP browser without syncing my plugin folder with yours.
With that setup i still don't see the UPNP Server Plugins but i can add media folders and i can browse them
with both tools. PS3 and Media Player are still not working

Then i tried it a second time syncing my with your plugin folder.

The following files were missing:
Database.dll
Gentle.Common.dll
Gentle.Framework.dll
Gentle.Provider.MySQL.dll
log3.net.dll
MySql.DATA.dll
PluginBase.dll
sqlite.dll
sqlite3.dll
The Size of UPNP TV Server.dll was different 36.352 Byte to 46.592

With the synced folder it was possible to mark/save the Checkboxes on the MediaPortalShares tab. Browing the content was also still possbile with that setup. PS3 and Media Player still don't work.

Bye the way i use as database server a MSSQL 2005 Express Editon.

Regards
Knud

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Knud,

I removed the unused dlls and it still works on my XP. Also I installed the plugin on a fresh install in a image. Everything works including the plugins. I will add some more debug information and also will do a Vista install (bahhh) to test the wmp upnp. Unfortunally I do not have a PS3...

I will come up with something soon.

Regards
kroko

btw it is more difficult as I thought to add the shares, that why the size is so different. Its a newer version that why. I was working yesterday till late to fix most of it...

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there,

I installed Vista in VMware and your are right, there is no content in the wmp 11. I found some differences. Not solved 100% but at least you see some files. Here iy my version for today.

Also if the PS3 is not working go to

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\UPNP_msg.txt\

There will be a log file, please post here.
Also please do not use the plugins if your are not connected to the internet, because they might block the tv server...

Regards
kroko

kloges

Portal Member
April 5, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
The upnp server don't work with PS3 and Media Player

Hi kroko

it still doesn't work with Media Player and PS3. Attached you will find the logs i made during the testing.
I hope the logs will help you to find out what went wrong.

Regards
Knud

Attachments

• With PS3 - 20091007.txt
    30.6 KB
  • With Media Player - 20091007.txt
    30.7 KB

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Knud,

working on the upnp stuff I get better and better in understanding how things should work. Thanks for your help! I did some changes to get it more compatible what I think. I works quite good on my vista (WMP11) togther with the MP database on XP.

For the PS3 I hope you can see something, at least the top folders.

Regards
kroko

Attachments

• Plugins.zip
    30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom