[new Plugin] UPNP TV Server (1 Viewer)

stalkersvr

Portal Member
April 12, 2009
Hi! I am try you plugin and have a some question (I use plugins from last message)
1) If I try to browse file from WMP12 (under vista and w7) I see no files at all
2) I can't render music on WMP12 (I see it in the list of media render, but if I try to play on it then nothing happens). But if I play on wmp12 from another wmp12 (on w7) then music was play.
3) If I try to browse media files from Mediaportal server with my Kodak EX811 photoframe, then I get on it endless list of folders Videos, Pictures, Videos, Pictures, Videos, Pictures and no Music folder at all.

I am trying to look into the log file, but cannot see anything intresting and usefull in it :(

PS: I think a problem is a next:
1) Music container in WMP uPNP share has property upnp:class and media Class = object.container (but you plugin has upnp:class = object.container.storageFolder)
2) Probably missing properties upnp:searchClass - upnp:searchClass(8) was needed?
3) And may be properties upnp:writeStatus / upnp:Restricted has invalid values ? (in WMP share upnp:writeStatus was NOT_WRITABLE, not UNKNOWN and Restricted = True, not False)

bluenote

Portal Member
December 11, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hey Kroko

Just curious what the current state of this is? Is it limited to music only at this point?

I'm very interested in something UPNP enabled that will deliver media in "smart" format, similar to MP tvseries (but not only) -- Hierarchy such as [Watched/Unwatched][TV/Movies][Series][Season][Episodes] and/or incorporating genres or categories, etc.
Maybe you like the idea?

Anyways, Im just interested in the current state, please post up.

thanks

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    bluenote, the "smart upnp" sounds very good.

I have not been a fan of upnp as i like too much moving pictures + tvseries. but imagine those two working in the background to offer more information than just filename, size etc

Probably too difficult but would be cool.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi Kroko,
    Finally got around to trying this out, but my (ipDio) client sees only a list of "Random <musicstyle>".
    Perhaps the server is having indigestion trying to build a catalog from my large music collection.
    The previous (MP Client) version had an option to just reproduce the shares instead of creating it's own catalog.
    Any chance of getting tha in this version?

andyd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi All,

Is this plugin still in development? This would be awesome with my mixed environment of MP and PS3's....
    :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom