New Plugin : Yahoo Music Videos (1 Viewer)

stefan_so

October 18, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
black screen

i've posted it on mtv-plugin too because it helped me out there too.

hello to the forum,

sorry for my english. for all the "black screen"-people... after installing the newest adobe flash player... try this:

go to : c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash\
and : execute the FlashUtil10a.exe

now flash ist making an update... after this you have to reboot the system.

now the plugin works for me. i don't know why the newest plugin have to be updated, but...

maybe it will help you too. i've tested it on windows vista and xp and everything is fine. maybe the update-tool has different name... for me ist was flashutil10a.exe

stefan_so

baja

Portal Member
December 15, 2007
@Dukus - looks like the installer needs to be fixed for users with Aeon wide skin installed. BTW, I PM'd you about an issue too.

@Baja - I still had a clean RC3 client on one machine (are you on 1.0 RC3?), so I installed Aeon wide, & then opened the skin directory & watched the bottom of the file list while installing Yahoo plugin V0.6.

The installer listed two entries for Aeon wide on my system too. By default the one at the top of the list was unchecked, & the one further down was checked. I let the installer proceed with those settings, & it resulted in three files being copied to the Aeon wide skin folder. All three files started with yahoo in their name. With these files installed, the formatting of the page is screwed, & the new RC3 menus open superimposed on the main page content, resulting in a mess.

I used the MPinstaller util to remove the plugin, & again installed this time unchecking the middle entry & checking the top one. This time the installer copied over three yahoo files, & a fourth file for common window. With these files installed the screen looked great, & menus worked correctly.

If trying this still doesn't work for you Baja, then maybe it's because the plugin isn't including language entries for the menus in your language. What language are you running in?

Hi, X4mer
I have "same problem and same way" what you had, however, still have it. it is not fixed by your way, Also I have same problem with MTV plugin too. With other plugins I do not have problem such as wiitv, radio time, mytrailers.
it replaces common.window.short.xml, it is not common.window.xml

I use new RC3, Vista32bit English

dukus

Portal Pro
January 20, 2006
Home Country
Romania Romania
If install a MP SVN version the language files are overwrite so all plugin specific language entries are deleted, to regain the language entries should reinstall the plugins

baja

Portal Member
December 15, 2007
If install a MP SVN version the language files are overwrite so all plugin specific language entries are deleted, to regain the language entries should reinstall the plugins

I installed "MediaPortalSetup_1.0_RC3_rev20432". I have not installed any SVN version and only yahoo plug in. (clean installation) even re-install yahoo plugin.
Is there any relation between language enties of plug-in and common.window.short.xml ?

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I'm not able to get this plugin to work.
What steps have to be done additionally?
Is the Adobe Flash Player Plugin necessary?
Has the "Yahoo player process plugin" to be enabled?
If I install Flash plugin and enable the "Yahoo player process plugin" it seems to work, however in fullscreen mode all keys seems to be disabled. It is no longer possible to stop a movie. This works in winow mode.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
grubi.

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Everyting seems to work now, but keystrokes are ignored while playback if MP is in fullscreen mode. Works correct if in windowed mode.

Any ideas?

2 Suggestions:

Make the name of the plugin which is displayed in thr MP home menu configurable. In XFace the name "Yahoo Music Videos" is to long and looks messy.

The Button "Contry" should be named "Country"

caveman

Portal Pro
August 2, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
RC 4

I just tried to install the Yahoo Music Videos with RC 4 and Blue 3, but cant find the Yahoo Music.
Is that just me?
Also i cant se anny config options for it.

When i tried to install it i got some error with a progress bar...
Anybody who can help me?

parkuhr

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
nothing works.
if i select an video to play, this message apeears:"playback disabled for this item" and nothing happens.

or other videos just don t play. if i click theym, nothing happens.

regards
parkuhr

caveman

Portal Pro
August 2, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have sometimes the same problem.
But try to select a different country, some videos play some dont.

Would love to have this plugin to work like before ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom