Blue Vision (12 Viewers)

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Hi @ge2301,

I've just checkout your branch and tested your changes, so far so good!:) Regarding the audio part, do you plan to add something like a now playing screen? I like the style in titan skin (MP1), where as a background a fan art (artist backdrop) is showing and at the bottom the current played track with cover.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @ge2301,
    I've just checkout your branch and tested your changes, so far so good!:) Regarding the audio part, do you plan to add something like a now playing screen? I like the style in titan skin (MP1), where as a background a fan art (artist backdrop) is showing and at the bottom the current played track with cover.
    Can you post a screen shot? I do not have MP1 installed. But I can already say, that currently it won't be possible because no artist backdrops or fanarts existing in MP2. The keyword is again MIA rework ;)
    However your idea sounds good. After seeing the example I'll think how far it can be implemented.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Regarding the audio part, do you plan to add something like a now playing screen? I like the style in titan skin (MP1), where as a background a fan art (artist backdrop) is showing and at the bottom the current played track with cover.
    There are screens for each player type: currently playing (shortcut: C)+ fullscreen/visualization (shortcut: F)

For audio it currently looks like:
    20150315_CurrentlyPlaying.jpg 20150315_AudioViz.jpg

Artist fanart will be possible with rework of MediaLibrary. It could also work already with a new Fanart provider in MP2 server which is able to download the required infos.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    There are screens for each player type: currently playing + fullscreen/visualization.
    Right! It's in others -> current media audio:)

Artist fanart will be possible with rework of MediaLibrary. It could also work already with a new Fanart provider in MP2 server which is able to download the required infos.
    No problem I can wait, till the rework is done, I have to anyway, as long as MP2 can't handle external subs I can't use it on daily basis ;)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Right! It's in others -> current media audio:)
    Yes, it appears in "others". The "currently playing" and "fullscreen" links are only available if a player is active. Then they appear under "others", because no place in existing "tabs" is defined for them.

This is a kind of problem, because such dynamic actions will not be visible directly (only when you know what to look for). In all other skins this is no problem, as you have one single list of menu items (either simple list or tile like layout).

Maybe we can find a better way to place the items which are now under "others"?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, it appears in "others". The "currently playing" and "fullscreen" links are only available if a player is active. Then they appear under "others", because no place in existing "tabs" is defined for them.
    This is a kind of problem, because such dynamic actions will not be visible directly (only when you know what to look for). In all other skins this is no problem, as you have one single list of menu items (either simple list or tile like layout).
    Maybe we can find a better way to place the items which are now under "others"?
    I was not even aware of it. I never had the idea to have a look into "others" during playing something ;)
    The location is really not suitable I think. Why can "currently playing" not start directly when playing an audio file?
    I could also assume, that the user can select the wished vizualisation in settings and whenever playing a file it is showing.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I need to adjust some settings in colors.xaml but haven't found the needed entries jet. So this is a V 0.1 Alpha...
    Tell me, what you want to change, so I can give your the related lines in code :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Some minor glitches I found on TV section. The duration is not positioned where it should be. So when you start working on that part, have a look at this, please:
    I've seen this as well. The cause is the margin defined on the button style which is in wrong place IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom