Blue Vision (5 Viewers)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To me star means favourite. But I don't know what icon would accurately convey "this is new".
    In MyMovies for Media Center the star is also used for "new" mediaitems. I got used to it. If there is a better icon we can change it later. What I won't like is a text "NEW" :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Don't know if it can be done in xaml but I would love to have a "Traffic Light" system for series and seasons. Red means no episodes watched and yellow means some, but not all episodes watched. Green could be for all episodes watched, but it can be left out completely, to be consistent, no problem...
    Yes, idea is nice, but it won't fit to the skin :( My plan was following:
    • Watched = no icon
    • Unwatched = striked out eye
    • Partly watched = overlayed eye (see sketch)
    partly_watched.jpg

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    If you "google", most of the time a "new" logo has text on it. And the logo often has the shape of the sun. It's a bit different from an average star logo. It has some more but shorter rays and a bigger centre. Maybe you can use a sun for new and a star for rating...

My plan was following
    How the gfx looks like did not matter to me, as long as I can see at first glance, if there are any episodes I didn't watched before. So go for it...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you "google", most of the time a "new" logo has text on it. And the logo often has the shape of the sun. It's a bit different from an average star logo. It has some more but shorter rays and a bigger centre. Maybe you can use a sun for new and a star for rating...
    The sun looked not clear enough. Text is clear, but not localized. I guess everybody worldwide will understand NEW, so shouldn't be a big issue. I will check some symbols out and see.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    How about using a heart for favorite? A star for new is used even for baby birth announcements, so it makes sense, doesn't it? While I think the overlay works for partly watched stuff, how about putting a percentage text overlay on it? Should work for shows as well, especially if it is based around Trakt.

Emph

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The new flags and symbols are finished :)
    • unwatched for video/movie/series and unheard for audio
    • watched/heard flags not shown anymore
    • partly watched/heard symbols and flags existing, but the code needs to be changed (counting of unwatched episodes per saison/series)
    • flags for "favorite" and "recently added" mediaitems are included (code not existing so far)
    Sreenshots in 2nd post updated: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/new-skin-bluevision.129477/#post-1122583

Changes pushed to Github. Download will be offered later together with other changes.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here the temporal status of the flags. But I tend to use the star again for "new" and to use a heart for "favourite". This is also the standart in other media softwares :) Tastes are different, for sure not everybody will like them :D

Attachments

• FavouriteTab_smalll.png
      FavouriteTab_smalll.png
      4.5 KB
    • NewTab_small.png
      NewTab_small.png
      5.2 KB
    • UnheardTab_small.png
      UnheardTab_small.png
      5 KB
    • UnwatchedTab_small.png
      UnwatchedTab_small.png
      5.1 KB

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great work so far! :)
    Has anyone tested WebRadio? I got some problems (can start radio station) with it in BlueVision & ApolloOne. Titanium works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom