ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx
    At next I'll start preparations for the new Currently Playing screens (CP).
    Mock-up was here: http://dl.team-mediaportal.com/2015/04/thumb/243508_current_media2.jpg

I can currently only find following 4 screens.
    Unbenannt.jpg

Is it possible to extend the screens, so there is one for movies and series? Or shall I start with only one "CurrentlyPlayingVideo" screen?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks! The previous one was from ApolloOne and on my todolist (but forgotten again).
    In case there are additional bugs, please let me know, so I can fix those until summer release :)
    I start only now. To touch mp2.
    But the skin is already very fine.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx
    At next I'll start preparations for the new Currently Playing screens (CP).
    Mock-up was here: http://dl.team-mediaportal.com/2015/04/thumb/243508_current_media2.jpg

View attachment 165496

Is it possible to extend the screens, so there is one for movies and series? Or shall I start with only one "CurrentlyPlayingVideo" screen?
    Please see my previous post:
    I like the idea (y)

Some notes from technical view though:
    There is no additional screen "Current media", both screens are merged
    The screens "fullscreen" (FS) and "currently playing" (CP) are defined by a Player and its so called "UIContributor". The latter is a class which exposes the names of screen for FS and CP. This allows plugins to provide a player, models and screens to provide their features and contents.

This means here that we need to support those screens (which are extensible!) and let it look like they are part of the "home" screen.
    So the screens are dependend on player, not on video category. If you like to support different styles for movie and series you need to do the same as in mediadetails.inc, where there is a selection of controls depending on contained MediaAspects

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So the screens are dependend on player, not on video category. If you like to support different styles for movie and series you need to do the same as in mediadetails.inc, where there is a selection of controls depending on contained MediaAspects
    Thanks, but one thing I never understood well I think :( This is also why I asked similar a second time.
    I case of footer details the MultiDetails.inc is a reference of SimpleShowItems.inc. How does MP2 know that it needs to look into SimpleShowItems? The question for the CP screens would be, where would I reference to a CP_MultiDetails.inc?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, but one thing I never understood well I think :( This is also why I asked similar a second time.
    Don't worry, I know it's not easy to follow all paths in skin screens and includes. I also need to search the correct way myself often.

How does MP2 know that it needs to look into SimpleShowItems?
    SimpleShowItems is a "base screen" for showing items. It's included by the actual screens from MediaPlugin:https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/search?utf8=✓&q=SimpleShowItems. It's purpose is simply to avoid redundant code in all of the including screens.

The question for the CP screens would be, where would I reference to a CP_MultiDetails.inc?
    You would need to copy & modify this screen: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...in/default/screens/CurrentlyPlayingVideo.xaml.

The PlayerContext has a property "CurrentMediaItem" which you would need to bind to (instead of the FanartModel from here: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi.../Skin/BlueVision/screens/MultiDetails.inc#L47)

Remember my post some pages before that plugins can provide new players and UIContributors (with CP + Fullscreen screens). Example SlimTV: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi.../Skin/default/screens/CurrentlyPlayingTv.xaml. Where the CP information shows the current running propgram.

IIRC the WebRadio might also have an own screen (or it reuses the one from AudioPlayer, not sure).

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My proposal would be following. What do your think?
    This reminds me that I planned to restructure some settings. I.e. the player specific settings are spread to wide/deep into the structure. The good thing is, that this needs to be changed only in the plugin.xml file.

But having only a fixed number of tiles will be limiting for other, new plugins. So we would basically need a similar placeholder "others" like we need to have in main group menu. I think it's more complicated then now.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301: I've implemented the configuration model and screens. It looks now this way:
    20150613-Configuration-1.jpg 20150613-Configuration-2.jpg
    Settings are applied immediately on change (i.e. home tab will disappear).

The splash screen option is not yet complete: I need to reference an existing image. I think the splash screen is not yet commited to github, I copied it only locally.

Which path I should set?
    For testing I use: "Plugins\BlueVision\Skin\BlueVision\images\Startup.png" which would be globally for all themes. But if we like to support theme specific screens (i.e. a gray version from @Lehmden) the path should point to a theme subfolder.
    Problem is, that at startup time we don't have access to resource lookup chain and need fixed paths. This means a theme change would require the settings to be rewritten to get new image path.

Possible alternative: I change the implementation of alternative splash screen to look at fixed folder structures for selected skin/theme. This way the option would be only "on/off" and lookup is done by splashscreen class. Probably the more generic solution (but still bypassing resource lookup chain)

Edit:this idea won't work, because we would introduce a hard depency to SkinEngine plugin.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But having only a fixed number of tiles will be limiting for other, new plugins. So we would basically need a similar placeholder "others" like we need to have in main group menu. I think it's more complicated then now.
    You are right. Perhaps this can be something for later optimisation. As Lehmden adds here some shortcuts to plugins, users might later have an option to define where they would like to have tiles. As I mentioned, an option could be also to have a list of "access points" (E.g. Submenu entries) and users could place tiles for such "access points". Let's leave it open for later. I have many ideas, but you know better which ideas can be implemented with reasonable efforts ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom