New structure for tuning parameters! (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Starting with MP 1.0.1 alpha / svn 23144 we have done some restructuring of tuning information handling to get rid of different file formats (see also: 0002315: Rework tuningdetails to use a common format - MediaPortal Bugtracker)

1. new filesystem structure (\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters) contains one subfolder per tuning source:
      Code:
      TuningParameters\atsc
      TuningParameters\dvbc
      TuningParameters\dvbip
      TuningParameters\dvbs
      TuningParameters\dvbt
    2. all files inside (except DVBIP) are now completly XML based. This simplifies reading and writing much. For samples see current content of folders. When you edit manually, check for case-sensitivity!
    3. for DVB-S(2) users: we now have only one xml for both DVB-S and DVB-S2 transponders. To scan both, you have to check "enabled s2 scan".
    4. the DVB-T tuning info are now separated for each provider; additions and modifications can be made easier.
    5. For DVB-C and DVB-T we now have to selection boxes for fast lookup of your region:
      - Country
      - Region / Provider

The list get filled by following naming conventions:
      dvbc\country.region_or_provider.xml
      dvbt\country.region_or_provider.xml
    6. new feature to create own tuning details. Creating the list of transponders is easier then ever before:
      for DVB-C ( DVB-S work in progress) you can do a manual scan for a NIT (Network Information Table). There the provider lists up all transponders. After scanning you are able to save the list for later usage and / or uploading here to share :) (see naming conventions above)

Attachments

• TvCardRework4.png
      TvCardRework4.png
      62.5 KB

ColinT

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Will this allow us to adds-video input capability to cards where it is currently not supported by Mediaportal (e.g. Hauppauge Nova S+)?

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Feature Request:

Possible to create xml with only the info for Cable providers transponder list frequency? (Instead of maintaining transponderlists per area once a year?)

Here in Denmark(Stofa) we have only one frequency for the Transponder list , but the list changes frequently, and is fragmented by area

So the frequency is global for all Stofa users - so in general only 1 general Stofa provider needs to be shown in MePo dropdown menu.

• Frequency: 346 MHz (346000 kHz)
    • Network-ID: 0
    • Modulation: 64 QAM
    • Symbol rate: 6900 KS

Thanks in advance
    /Morten

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    yes this should be possible, but it requires changes on scanning logic. We currently have those features:

• Regular channel scanning only loops over this list of given transponders and scans for channels.
    • Another extended feature also already exists: "scan for transponder list" with tunes a single specific frequency and does a NIT lookup (Network information table), retrieves a list of transponders and then does a normal scanning.

For your proposal we would need to combine both approaches into a kind of "smart scanning". IIRC I did something like this many years before, but code got lost. @mm1352000, what do you think about this? Does this fit into your reworks?

Morpheus

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @mm1352000, what do you think about this? Does this fit into your reworks?
    No, it doesn't really fit.
    My reworks allowed selecting a single transponder within a transponder list for an NIT scan (ie. you don't have to enter the parameters manually).
    So I think the situation with my rework would be better already:
    1. Create transponder list with desired "home" transponder details.
    2. When scanning, just do a network scan instead of normal scan.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for this info. I think it's in principle the same as I had in mind :)

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    @mm1352000, what do you think about this? Does this fit into your reworks?
    No, it doesn't really fit.
    My reworks allowed selecting a single transponder within a transponder list for an NIT scan (ie. you don't have to enter the parameters manually).
    So I think the situation with my rework would be better already:
    1. Create transponder list with desired "home" transponder details.
    2. When scanning, just do a network scan instead of normal scan.

Just to understand this correctly? The above are pending changes to the scanning logic for 1.4,and this will fulfill my request?

Basically what I(and propably others) need, is that the future provider XMLs only need include the primary frequency to collect the full Transponder list.

You mention "2. When scanning, just do a network scan instead of normal scan." - Is this a new option in 1.4? If I recall correctly 1.3 only have a "Scan for channels" button, when a provider has been selected in the dropdown box.
    /Morten

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    I think mm's changes won't be included in MP1.4.

But you can already use the transponder scan in current MP version, see http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...dvanced_Tuning_Options/3_DVB-C_Tuning_Details for details.

You need to enter your "starting frequency" and "scan for transponder list".
    Yes, I'm aware - I just wanted to make it even easier to get all channels automatically, by choosing only provider and clicking scan.

Keeping it simple:)

Thanks for your help - I hope to see the mentioned functionality in a future MP, for us maintaining the XML's

/Morten

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom