New Tool: MPEpisodeNumberGenerator adds series and episode numbers to all episodes in epg (1 Viewer)

Does MPEpisodeNumberGenerator work with your installation of MediaPortal?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

oli-ver

Portal Pro
March 17, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello!

I have developed a litte Java based tool to add series and episode numbers to all episodes listed in MediaPortal's epg (tested with version 1.10). This approach is slightly different from the tool provided by disaster123 in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/new-tool-episodescanner-adds-series-and-episodenumbers-to-your-mp-or-4tr-epg.76220/.

Episodescanner scans the epg to find series and episode numbers for already scheduled programs. The new tool generates these numbers for everything it can find in the database. This is done by using two data sources:
1. TheTvDb.com api
2. The text of the epg (currently only tested with german epg data by TV Movie)

This has the advantage that TvWishList will not schedule any episodes of seasons you do not need, if you configured season and episode numbers in TvWishList. I had always problems with that until I startetd to develop and use this application some days ago. You will find the first release ("pre-release") attached here and an installation description and all following releases on Github (English and German description):

https://github.com/oli-ver/MPEpisodeNumberGenerator

Please let me know, if this tool is something you need and if it works with your MediaPortal as well. If you want to you are welcome to contribute to the project on github!

Kind regards

Oliver

--
05-16-2016 Release MPEpisodeNumberGenerator 1.2.2
When starting and ending the application system messages are displayed

24.01.2016 Release MPEpisodeNumberGenerator 1.2.1
Will only store the last 10 database backups (oldest backups will be deleted, new Property "backupcount" defaults to 10)
Implemented new properties "seriesofflineonly" and "seriesonlineonly" to make it possible to resolve a series only offline or only online (needed if episode number data in thetvdb an in the epg differ)
If data from a thetvdb URL could not be fetched the application tries three times and proceeds with the next episode, if no data could be loaded after the third try

19.01.2016 Release MPEpisodeNumberGenerator 1.2.0
Offline mode is now used before thetvdb scan (speedup the process)
Added dialogue to initially create the configuration
Updated the build process to build a episodescanner.exe. The executable will be provided additionally with all future releases
Added build script to github to make it possible for everyone to build the application

15.03.2015 - Release MPEpisodeNumberGenerator 1.0.1
Fixed Nullpointer Exception in Updates class

16.03.2015 - Release MPEpisodeNumberGenerator 1.0.1
Rebuilt Package because of compile errors

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This could be useful for trakt plugin users that enable TV Plugin for scrobbling.

oli-ver

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I do not use trakt, so I do not know what you mean exactly. But I think every plugin that makes use of series and episode numbers in the epg will theoretically benefit from the tool.

oli-ver

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There are some German speaking users currently. We discussed several topics in another thread in German.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom