[confirm] New tuner can't tune BBC One (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've installed a new USB tuner and in TV Server config, disabled the old dual tuner and put the new dual tuner at priority 6 and 5.

Then under TV Mapping I've mapped all the channels to both tuners and I can see BBC One is in the list.

If I go to Manual Control and try to start timeshifting on BBC One, it says "all cards are busy". It's actually grabbing the EPG from BBC One at the moment, so it can obviously tune to it. I tested a number of other channels which all work fine. I tested in MP as well and for BBC One it says "no free card available" but the other channels work.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
I managed to fix this by unmapping BBC One from both tuners, deleting it and rescanning for it. Don't know why that made any difference as I checked the tuning parameters and they were the same before and after :confused:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    But was the name exactly the same, last time I did a card change, I had problems also, but on quite a few channels, so ended up clearing out the SQL tv database and starting from scratch.

A lot of this was down to names, including getting the radiotimes names to marry up using xmltvGUI, nowadays i name every channel after the radiotimes one, just makes it easier to configure.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Yeah, it's just "BBC ONE". Wierd that it was only that channel that was affected but I guess the database might have got partly corrupted.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @doveman: in MP 1.3a, when you link channels to tuners you have to restart the TV service before the change takes effect. I don't know how exactly you were testing and restarting the service, but those factors may be critical. This is an issue with 1.3a which I hope will be resolved in the beta.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi mm

I know when making changes in the TV Server section (or just clicking on something and not making changes) it restarts the TV service when going to another section. I'm not certain the TV service was restarted after I mapped the channels to the new tuners but I imagine so (probably after I went back to the TV server section), or else the rest of the channels wouldn't have worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom