New User with some questions (1 Viewer)

alphadog00

December 17, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello all,

I have read through the documentation and searched the forums but I still have some questions - I have WMC now, but i like the features of MP.

My home situation is this:

DVR (WMC) sits next to my HD rear projection via component video (old tv, but still works great and 65") -living room
Wifi and Gigabit Ethernet throughout the house
Roku in kitchen, Amazon Firestick in basement
Hauppauge 2 tuner card ATSC and NTSC - but only doing Over the air now - ditched cable

1. If I am starting from scratch and converting my WMC box to MP - should i start with MP1 or MP2?
2. I see there are Android options for players, but is there any Roku option?
3. I am using Freenas with the Plex plugin (Plex server) and that works great for content I already have - what recommendations are there for using Plex with MP?
4. any thoughts on alternate configurations?

Ideally I would like to be able to watch my own content and recorded TV in any room of the house. I don't need to stream TV as I have antenna connection to all.

Thanks for any recommendations

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi and welcome to MediaPortal forum : ) I will try to answer the best I can.

1- MP1 is the way to go first, after that, you can install MP2 beside without any effect on MP1. Both should work in your case.
    2- Im pretty sure there is no way to stream to the roku yet, for android, SPMC 13.4 coupled with MediaPortal TV server plugin is the way to go, I use it with my FireTV.
    3- Sorry im not using plex ATM so I cant comment on this one.
    4- MediaPortal rocks (y)

Ideally I would like to be able to watch my own content and recorded TV in any room of the house. I don't need to stream TV as I have antenna connection to all.

If you share your RecordedTV folder on your network, you will be able to read your recordings with your roku or firetv stick and any other client (MP1,MP2,XBMC,etc...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom