New version of the MP webinterface! Translators wanted! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    SiLenTYL said:
    does this use xmltv or the dvb-epg for the tv guide data?

I guess that it's the same data that can be seen in the TV Guide view. I.e. if you are getting EPG from DVB-T / S / C then it will use EPG information provided by the DVB-EPG.

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    tourettes said:
    SiLenTYL said:
    does this use xmltv or the dvb-epg for the tv guide data?

I guess that it's the same data that can be seen in the TV Guide view. I.e. if you are getting EPG from DVB-T / S / C then it will use EPG information provided by the DVB-EPG.

That's right! The webinterface simply reads MP's TV database. And this one gets filled with data you chose in your MP config... So you see exactly the same data as in MP's guide.

Maschine

OleBent

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2005
    Havent seen any danes replying here yet so....

Let me chip in with a Danish translation

/OleBent

tthomas

Portal Member
    September 28, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Very cool!

I've been waiting for this.

Pleeeeease build this on top of IIS or at least make it independent of the web server. I've been playing around with the web interface plugin and running apachie is a bit of a pain as I dev in IIS and have to constantly switch between the two.

I'm putting a PC in a friends closet in Finland and will be hitting the guide from here in the States.

Slightly off the topic: I schedule recording then via a bat file using DVRtoWMV to encode to a file size I can FTP the file back to my house.

It would be cool to have this encoding built into media portal. If it is built in by someone please allow a user defined prx file allowing control of output. Not just low med, high, options

As for the web guide I assume you are using the same xmltv guid that media portal uses internally? Can you add the functionality to run xmltv.exe from the web UI? I have problems with the guide not updating occasionally and need to manually update it via a cmd prompt.

Thanks for your efforts!

K

koukoulakis

i can translate in greek,i'll pm you my email

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    tthomas said:
    Pleeeeease build this on top of IIS or at least make it independent of the web server. I've been playing around with the web interface plugin and running apachie is a bit of a pain as I dev in IIS and have to constantly switch between the two.

The new version defaults to port 81, so that should help, but you can easily set it up in IIS if you know how to. The web files are located in MediaPortal\MPWebControl\htdocs. Check out the apache conf file for how its setup.

Its difficult to make it independent of the web server because this is designed as an out-of-the-box solution. Also, with IIS, you can't set settings programatically easily, therefore making installation routines difficult.

Sam

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom