New Webinterface (2 Viewers)

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do I understand correctly that there is a communication interface thrue which PHP could communicate with MP or the TV server (apart from the ECP2 plugin, which functions partialy and has poor performance)

No, not that I'd know...

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Do I understand correctly that there is a communication interface thrue which PHP could communicate with MP or the TV server (apart from the ECP2 plugin, which functions partialy and has poor performance)

Can PHP talk to a web-service? Because if it can that may be the way to do it in future.

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    But the External COntrol plugin is outdated. So not everything is possible at the moment. And performance is slow.

About the interface for the TVserver3. Wouldn't it be easier to simply address the database directly for obtaining and adding data and create a single trigger which can be called by PHP and ASP to make the TVserver update it's settings. So with every change the potential webinterface makes in the database the MP software will be aware of that?

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Can PHP talk to a web-service? Because if it can that may be the way to do it in future.
    Yes, that's possible and that's also the way the "old" webinterface is using.

OK, excellent. That's the way to do this then IMHO.

I'm working on a new guide/scheduler using WCF, so it will have both a high performance TCP service interface, as well as a standard web-service interface.

So once that is more up and running it will be (relatively?) easy to program and manipulate schedules from PHP.

But the External COntrol plugin is outdated. So not everything is possible at the moment. And performance is slow.

About the interface for the TVserver3. Wouldn't it be easier to simply address the database directly for obtaining and adding data and create a single trigger which can be called by PHP and ASP to make the TVserver update it's settings. So with every change the potential webinterface makes in the database the MP software will be aware of that?

This is all a matter of opinion of course, but personally I would stay away from a solution like this. It is very error-prone and makes this very hard to maintain.

Reon

Portal Member
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    My proposal is a process plugin for MP written in C# which provides a interface for scheduling new recordings. This plugin will communicate with a web interface through separate sql tables.

The plan is that the Web interface can access the MP database to get the information about program guide, scheduled recordings etc. Only input data is handled by the plugin.

The problem is of course that as long as MP does not provide a clean API for scheduling recordings it could be a pain to maintain this plugin. On the other hand I think developing the PHP application will be much more time consuming than creating this plugin.

And as always, svn is your best friend...:)

thechad

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Geelong, Australia
    Home Country
    I am probably 50% of the way through writing an ASP.Net webservice for TVE3 so that I can communicate from my Xbox python client. I tried with WCF but got lost very quickly and had issues hosting it in the TV Service process.

Currently Implemented
    Code:
    public WebChannelGroup[] GetChannelGroups()
    public WebChannel[] GetChannels()
    public WebChannel[] GetGroupChannels(int IdGroup)
    public WebRecording[] GetRecordings()
    public WebCard[] GetCards()
    public WebServer[] GetServers()
    public WebProgram[] GetPrograms(int IdChannel, DateTime StartTime, DateTime EndTime)
    public WebSchedule[] GetSchedules()
    public WebSchedule GetSchedule(int IdSchedule)
    public WebSchedule RecordProgram(int IdProgram, int RecType)
    public bool CancelSchedule(int IdProgram, bool CancelEntire)
    public bool DeleteSchedule(int IdSchedule)
    public WebSchedule UpdateSchedule(WebSchedule webSchedule)

Basically all it does it try to emulate the public interfaces that are available from the .Net Remoting and flatten out the classes so they can be serialized and returned. Performances seems to be ok but there is a lot of serializing and deserializing.

I see this as better than dealing directly with the db tables because I do not have to re implement the biz logic that takes place and are not at the mercy of changes to the db structure as much.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mp_xbmc_intergration_scripts_v0_6d_update-t2263p17.html

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    One feature I loved in Maschine and Sam's web interface was the web remote and the ability to see what was on the screen at the time. Lots of people here are posting about the TV database and the best ways to communicate with it, but is there still plans for these features to be supported too?

I agree that TV guide stuff is the most crucial (to most people at least) but please don't forget the extra touches.

Thanks and looking forward to a great web interface. Thanks for all the hard work to the new guys and the old pioneers ;-P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom