doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi all,

Very nice work on the new website, and promo-video!

2 remarks though:
    - I kinda miss the links to the roadmap and changelog for the upcoming versions
    - IE found 2 errors on the site:
    Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
    Timestamp: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 18:42:47 UTC

Line: 12
    Char: 3
    Code: 0
    URI: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/templates/default/js/template.js

Line: 1
    Char: 47606
    Code: 0
    URI: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/templates/mootools.js

Hope you have enough info.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi doskabouter - thanks for the feedback (and compliments ;) ). First, what page does that error display on? (a link would be helpful) or is it all pages?

The Roadmap and Changelogs links are on the Main News page: Official MP News on the right panel under Status Overview and now include the last five additions/updates as well as SVN commits (Latest Submits) .

We really wanted to keep our main Front Page cleaner, and targeted to visitors and potential new users. We consider the Roadmap and Changelogs to be part of our Team news, so we put them there so you can get a good overview/update of what's going on! If you have suggestions where else you would look let us know and we can see if it is possible.

Thanks again.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi doskabouter - thanks for the feedback (and compliments ;) ). First, what page does that error display on? (a link would be helpful) or is it all pages?

The Roadmap and Changelogs links are on the Main News page: Official MP News on the right panel under Status Overview and now include the last five additions/updates as well as SVN commits (Latest Submits) .

We really wanted to keep our main Front Page cleaner, and targeted to visitors and potential new users. We consider the Roadmap and Changelogs to be part of our Team news, so we put them there so you can get a good overview/update of what's going on! If you have suggestions where else you would look let us know and we can see if it is possible.

Thanks again.

Weird, don't know exactly what pages those errors are on, but now I don't see them anymore... Ah well, a problem gone is a problem solved...

And you're right about the frontpage: that should be as clean and to the point as possible, and I must say it is just that right now!

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Any chance on adding a 'user cp' link I miss that!
    Best to display when you've logged in then you are not messing up the home page :)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I find it distracting that using the forum link "New Posts" (to pop out english, german, french etc.) in the top of this page, adds a "#1" to the end of the link, scrolling a bit down on the page. Would be nice to have that "#1" removed ;)

But all in all I really like the updates to the website!

:D

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New website

yes, mplive is causing issues atm cause the menu & the plugin use the same js-effects. Will check into it but cant give a date. Same to the popup-menu.

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    In Google Chrome the MPLive feature works without any problem.
    Also true for Opera 10.63 :)

I find it distracting that using the forum link "New Posts" (to pop out english, german, french etc.) in the top of this page, adds a "#1" to the end of the link, scrolling a bit down on the page. Would be nice to have that "#1" removed ;)
    I'm not seeing this in Opera. Scratch that, I am seeing it, I just misunderstood what you said in the first place :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom