New (1 Viewer)

DFergATL

Portal Member
September 21, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Just really getting started into building my HTPC. I am playing with XBMC and Media Portal. In a lot of ways I like Media Portal but can't figure the answers to a few questions.

Youtube - I can't for the life of me figure out where to enter my id/password for youtube.

Netflix - Can't figure this one out either.

Amazon Video - would be nice but not as important to me as Netflix.

Music/Video Artwork - For some reason I can't get but a few things for artwork on my music and video library. I have also played with Plex, which is xbmc based also and it found artwork for almost everything and I can't figure out why Media Portal can only come up with one or two. XBMC does better but still not as good as Plex. I am hoping someone knowledgeable about these things can tell me more on how to get the most from this.

Since I am in the MP forum. From people who have knowledge of both. Why MP and not XBMC.

My goal is to have PVR, be able to play music/video from my home server, view images. Play DVD and BluRay. and view internet video, youtube, revision 3, netflix..

I am having a hard time trying to figure out what one has over the other. I do like the interface to Frodo and I was at least able to figure out how to log into Youtube. But overall MP has a better feel to it.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi DFergATL,

I'm on my work now, but to login you need to open the onlinevideo config tool from MEdiaportal configuration. Under the "sites tab" you need to look for YouTube, and there you can login..

About your other questions, I have no idea how to configure Netflix, but you can search in our forum, and ask it in the right area. Did you have installed the Fanart handler plugin allready? Search for it, and in may solve your problems with covertart etc. For movies your should try the MovingPictures plugin including the IMDB+ plugin to get all right information about the movie..

Please let me know if you can something with my suggestions. :)

Good luck!

DFergATL

Portal Member
    September 21, 2012
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am getting there. I have fixed most of my media data issues. It looks as if there may be someone working on the netflix plugin, not sure though. But I still can't find where to log into youtube. I have attached a jpeg. I must be an idiot but I just can't find it.

Attachments

• youtube.jpg
      youtube.jpg
      218.4 KB

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can even see it on your screenshot. :p the window in the back in the Bottom part. There are 3 entries. One for the user name one for the email and one for the password. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom