Newbie and MKV Issues (1 Viewer)

Blown240sx

February 24, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi everyone, Name is Chris. Pretty new to the HTPC world. Built my HTPC from spare parts and some deals I found. Cost me a grand total of 62 dollars.

Gigabyte Mother Board
Intel Core Duo 2.4 GHz
4 GB of DDR2
DVD R+ Drive (hopefully find a good deal on a Blu Ray Burner, LG looks promising)
Sapphire 5450 HD video card
1.16 TB of Hard Drive space
Panasonic 50" Plasma
Panasonic Surround Sound

Alright Ive searched and searched these forums for a solution but everyones answer was different combinations of Codec or wait for the new version of Mediaportal (back before 1.0.0) which im on 1.1.2 so I cant see that being the issue.

Anyway its very common but on some of my MKV files the audio just wont sync. This doesnt happen with any other file format only MKV. Ive downloaded and tried all the recommended codec packs (ffshow, AC3, Core, etc).

Please if Ive missed the thread to this fix point me that way. Or if anyone knows the solution please let me know.

Also side issue does anyone know of support for TV Tuner Cards that require a Digital Card Reader? Since our cable company here only supplies HD/Digital Channels through Cable Card. (which has little to no choice in what Hardware I can use)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Blown240sx

I have had similar problems (as have many others). What opertating system are you using - XP? Are you using Automatic Refreshrate Changer? If you are using the refreshrate changer, does the sync issue only occur with 23.976 hz content?

If the answer is Yes to all of the above questions then you can try the config changes which I solved the problem with:

Step 1) Set up a new refresh rate changer setting for 23.976 hz content with the refresh rate changed to match that value exactly (23.976 typed into both boxes).

Step 2) In the refresh rate changer setting which has "24; 23.976" delete the "; 23.976" to just leave "24" (so that both boxes in that setting only have 24hz set.

Step 3) Under the "codec and renderers" configuration remove the tick from the "Use nonsquare for scaling (recommended for quality)" renderer option

See how you get on.

Robbo100

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom