Newbie(and tried searching), but does MP support... (1 Viewer)

AirforceX

August 15, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi fellas!

I'm a Dreambox user, but have invested in the Technotrend DVB-S2 card for my HTPC (I'm running XP MCE 2005 edition) and need a good and functional software for it. Found a link to this website from another forum, and have been reading a lot about MP on this site. But there is an important thing I can't find any info about, and that is if MP got gb*x support...?

Dunno if I can ask about that, so if I'm breaking any rules, please PM me and delete this thread.

But hoooopefully, any of you guys (and maybe girls?) can give me a positive answer ??

:D

Br,
AFX

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    if you want to watch HD-TV with your Technotrend DVB-S2, you should use MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 in combination with the TV-Server.

MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 has a dreambox plugin. but i never used it, so i do not know anything about it. ;)

AirforceX

August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    if you want to watch HD-TV with your Technotrend DVB-S2, you should use MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 in combination with the TV-Server.

MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 has a dreambox plugin. but i never used it, so i do not know anything about it. ;)

I read about it yes, but the problem is that the Dreambox currently dont understand anything when it receives a MPEG-4 coded signal, only MPEG-2. Earlier I could just use VLC and stream to the PC directly from the DB, but that does not work since they changed all to MPEG-4 (on Thor 2).

So I would like to use my Technotrend card, watch HD, but I need to find a program that supports gb*x for cs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom