Newbie. Can't get plugins to install (1 Viewer)

refloghctarcs

Portal Member
October 21, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
OK, so i built my HTPC. installed Windows 7. downloaded and installed MP. It works fine for the media I have stored on my HD. Now I would like to use some of the extensions like the plugins and the SKINs however, when I try to install I get dependency errors. I GET " Dependency Check Error" or unhanded exception errors.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Bob

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome Bob :)

I take it you installed MP 1.2.1? You need versions of the plugins that are compatible with MP 1.2.1. What plugins and skins are you struggling with in particular?

mm

refloghctarcs

Portal Member
    October 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Now that you told me that I will go back and look at the plugins to see if they have versions, online video installs but none of the videos play, i guess that's a codec problem. However, I have tried several of the skins and can't get any of them to install. Are there version of the skins as well?

Is there tutorial anywhere? This is my first venture into this type of computing. I was extremely happy that my PC came up without issue and I was able to install MP and get it running right of the bat.

Thanks for your help!

Bob

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Bob

Now that you told me that I will go back and look at the plugins to see if they have versions, online video installs but none of the videos play, i guess that's a codec problem.
    Probably.

However, I have tried several of the skins and can't get any of them to install. Are there version of the skins as well?
    Yes. You can check the skin section on our main website:
    MEDIAPORTAL - Root

Some skins haven't updated their compatibility details there though, so also check the forum and look for a sticky thread for MP 1.2.x:
    Extensions (Skins, Plugins, etc.) - MediaPortal Forum

There is also MPEI - the MediaPortal Extension Installer - which is in the Team MediaPortal folder in your start menu. That lists many of the plugins and skins that are available.

Is there tutorial anywhere?
    There is information about many aspects of installing, configuring and using MP in our wiki.
    MediaPortal Wiki - MediaPortal Wiki

mm

refloghctarcs

Portal Member
    October 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks, now i understand the compatibility icons on the skin and plugin pages. So I downloaded and installed SteramedMP. I used basic home to select it as the default skin. However, no matter what i click on it goes to the default menu item for example, I select Movies and no matter which menu item I select, it goes to the movies sub menu. Also, the options to exit are gone. I have to use the window task manager to exit.

I feel very stupid. I have been reading the wiki but, for me, its difficult to connect the dots

Thanks again,

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom