Newbie challanges + some suggestions (1 Viewer)

Enigma_2k4

Portal Member
August 11, 2009
In ur cookies!
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Hi all,

Firstly, I LOVE this skin! I've tried out many many skinds for MP and this is by far my favorite, however, it comes with a few small challenges but I believe it's probably due to my "newbieness" in MP (I've been using MP for 2 months after about 6 years of 7MC + Mediabrowser). Also, I love that it's one of the only skins that's designed for full HD resolutions.
  1. Plasma image retention on now playing screen - I mostly use MP for playing music, it's fantastic, and audioscrobbler is absolute genius! I love it. The fanart is also amazing, however, playing on my plasma screen I get image retention from the "box" at the bottom under the fanart. In 7MC the now playing screen has a constantly scrolling background (not necessary tho as the fan art picture changes every 10 seconds) and also the album cover and text swap sides every few seconds (in a nice seamless animation) thus effectively stopping image retention in my TV. Is there something similar available? Is there an option to do this or could someone develop a small add on which does this?
  2. Standby - for some reason every 15 mins (during when the now playing window is showing) my PC goes into standby, after I wake it the audio won't play until I restart MP. That's OK, I can live with the audio issue but I cannot seem to stop MP going into standby. I have installed powerscheduler++ but cannot find any options in the MP configurator to configure or use it? What am I doing wrong? I am not sure if it's a MP issue or a skin issue so I thought I'd just ask.
  3. Weather, last.fm screens now showing - I keep getting an error message about a missing XML despite having installed all the plugins. Is there a guide or thread somewhere I can look at to fix this please, this must be a small issue I'm just too new to MP to know how to fix.
Otherwise, if I can solve issue 1 and 2 above then I will imeediately dump 7MC forever and happily donate to the MP cause. I LOVE MP and LOVE this skin, it's so close to perfect. I hope my feedback helps.

Enigma_2k4

Portal Member
August 11, 2009
In ur cookies!
Home Country
In MP config are you using the advanced tab top right, some plugins\options are hidden otherwise.

No, I haven't been. OK cool, thanks I'll check that out. I hope it shows in there so I can solve the power issues.

An alternative to my first problem is of course a good visualization, are there any decent ones around (most I have seen are complete crap :p ). I really like the fanart cycling over tho, it's excellent!

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1a. There is no such thing, but it could be added to the skin (you might be interested to try that yourself, you need to edit the MyMusicPlayingNow.xxx.xml files, add animation entries)
    1b. MP can use viz from Winamp, so you migh want to use Milkdrop (recognized as the one and only viz)
    2. If you installed ps++ you need to go to the TV Server config as the main config is there. You should be using the default htpc profile. If it does not help, please post log files (as per my footer).
    3. Most plugins do not bring their own xml for avalon. You need to check this forum for the ones that are not in the basic installation for avalon. WorldWeather and last.fm are available.

Enigma_2k4

Portal Member
    August 11, 2009
    In ur cookies!
    Home Country
    Excellent! I knew the answers were around!

1a. Cool, I'm keen. Any idea how to do that (is there an "idiot's guide" somewhere?)? I'm happy to share my results with everyone once (if) I get it working well.
    1b. True that, I just need to setup it up for winamp. I will do that.
    2. OK, I didn't know that's where the settings were located. Thanks alot.
    3. Perfect, thanks. I will do exactly that.

Enigma_2k4

Portal Member
    August 11, 2009
    In ur cookies!
    Home Country
    1a, looks interesting. I will try get to this myself.
    1b, yes, indeed there are links / guides somewhere on this forum I have seen before. I will find it when I get a chance.

Again, thanks alot mbuzina!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom