NewBie, Hi all. (1 Viewer)

KpjComp

October 20, 2005
United Kingdon
Hi There,

I'm a new user of this amazing Open Source Project. I was using MCE, but it was starting to get a little bit on my nerves, mainly loosing channel listings, and such.

So thought I'd give MP a go, I must say a very good job, I'm using the latest RC, the only main problem I have with it at the momement is that the interface sometimes seems to hang for a while, eg. you click on MyTv and it sometimes takes a long time b4 doing anything. But as this is a new release I'm sure this will improve.. :) Also sometimes it can use a lot of memory, I think this might be linked to the Guide Data.

Ok, a couple of Q's.

1. Is there any plan for the ability to use the Multiplex part of a DVB card, I beleive Digtial channels have multiple channels multiplexed and so in theory should be possible to record multiple channels at the same time from one Card.

2. Do you think it might be possible for Napster to be integrated, I was using that within MCE, and would be something I'd miss.

3. I had a Geforce 6800LE, based on the specs this has Hardware Encoder/Decoder for Mpeg4, so was wondering has anyone been able or know how you might be able to use this feature?.

Also, as I'm a programmer I thought I might be able to be of some help, so I'm going to download the Src and see if I can get it compiled. After that if there are any small jobs to get started that I might be able to do, you could throw them my way. :)

I had a couple of Idea's of what might be usefull, A text entry system, I've notised when you do a search at the momement it only allows Start Char searches, maybe a keypad entry might be usefull.

A full blown Answering Machine, I notised they was a plugin for ISDN caller ID, maybe to start here would be to do a Modem based Caller ID, and then expand it to an Answering machine.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

sorry no answers to your questions. Hopefully someone else can help there.

But this sounds great:
    KpjComp said:
    Also, as I'm a programmer I thought I might be able to be of some help, so I'm going to download the Src and see if I can get it compiled. After that if there are any small jobs to get started that I might be able to do, you could throw them my way. :)

I had a couple of Idea's of what might be usefull, A text entry system, I've notised when you do a search at the momement it only allows Start Char searches, maybe a keypad entry might be usefull.

A full blown Answering Machine, I notised they was a plugin for ISDN caller ID, maybe to start here would be to do a Modem based Caller ID, and then expand it to an Answering machine.

:)

Easiest way is to contact devs on IRC. If you find an correct bugs, please always try to use the latest patches. You can then upload your changed *.cs files on the patches section of SF:
    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=107397&atid=647927

Thanx for considering to take part. :)

Flip

chili

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2004
    somewhere in the bowels of Texas
    KpjComp said:

Welcome!
    There's already a virtual keyboard built into MP that works for some aspects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom