Newbie: jQuery Mobile Client (1 Viewer)

Emiliano

November 15, 2013
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi guys, I'm a senior .net developer but I'm new to MP.
My goal is to build a simple web controller with jQueryMobile that can turn on/off TV, change channel, etc ...
Today I played with MPExtended json interface but I don't think is the right way to proceed; I know that wifiremote is more suitable to accomplish this task, but I'm not sure it exposes a json/rest/soap interface.
Should I build a WCF web service as interface to WiFiRemote operation ? Or I'm totally wrong ?

TY,
Emiliano

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hm,

I would extend MpExtended with a custom service (possible with MPExtended 0.6). This service could connect to WifiRemote and expose the commands via WCF. Then you could send these commands from your jquery website (maybe even integrate it into WebMP).

The advantage is that you get all the WCF wrapper stuff "for free" and there's already sample code for connecting to WifiRemote from C# .NET.

If you want to talk more about this, feel free to swing by the #mp-extended IRC channel... ;)

Emiliano

November 15, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Mhhh ... if I understand correctly, you are suggesting me to add a new service to MPExtended (like the ones that I found in the Services folder, I suppose), then expose it via WCF, right ? There are some guidelines to follow?

EDIT: I can't find 0.6 version, I downloaded 0.5.4 ...

Ehm ... shame on me, but I don't know IRC ... I downloaded ChatZilla and I probably I join tour channel (as JimmiV) ... and now ? :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom