Newbie questionabout import routines. (1 Viewer)

Atadata

July 21, 2016
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all,

I tried Media Portal and MyFilms a year ago, but found the amount of work required to get my film database imported and useable wasn't worth it.

So I stuck with Win 7 and MCE and My Movies. Which work superbly (especially for the missus and her TV recording).

I thought I'd have another go, but My Films still only imports My Movies v3.18, because after that they encoded the individual MyMovies.XML files that contain every piece of information you would ever want.

However, it seems nobody has told you that as of v5.00 (it's now on v5.22), the XML files are again in plain text.

Any chance of an updated import routine (and presumably the monitoring system would also work properly)?

I have over 7,000 DVDs on file - and unless the import is seamless, I'm not even going to try again.

Many thanks.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi Atadata,
    I would create or write an importer, if there is a demand for it - so if that is still something you (and anyone else) is interested in, please create a vote and let's see, if there is more than a few people interested in this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom