Next update? (1 Viewer)

Glith

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi.
Is there some date when the next update will be? How is it decided when to release a new update?
The reason I'm asking is that I want to have the new updates that can be found in the SVNs but I do not want to reinstall when I want to install an update.
You cant install the update if you have installed a SVN relase.. right?

Thanks a lot!

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I don't believe a specific date is set for the next update.
I must say I seldom have stability issues with the SVN updates. On the other hand there are already a lot of improvements.
You could try using the SVN's. Maybe you'll like the amount of updates that you'll get (every day)! Also....A update doesn't contain all that is in the SVN updates. They are only stability updates (correct me if I'm wrong)..

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    You could do what everyone involved with development does, and run a stable copy as well as install a second copy of MP on the same system to install SVN updates. This way you can switch between versions, and if an SVN breaks compatibility or a feature, you can fall back on the base install with the stable patch you still have installed.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There will be a new update soon ;-)

I do not have a regular plan for this at it depends on testing, new features, my personal time, etc.

Atm I seems like 2-4 weeks is a good timespan for hunting bugs and stuff.

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hawkeye said:
    rtv said:
    There will be a new update soon ;-)

Good news - and btw very nice avatar. Beats the pants of the old one. :twisted:
    Yes indeed. I believe there will be more interest in his posts now. I'm looking at this one since 2 minutes.
    :lol: :lol:

How can I add some feminine touch to my mole?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I guess I'll remove it soon as it may be an insult to people from other countries.
    I know you find this amusing but there are countries where you are allowed to see people killed by an age of 12 but you need to be 21 to see how they are produced. :roll:

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Glith said:
    I want to have the new updates that can be found in the SVNs but I do not want to reinstall when I want to install an update.
    Be aware that:
    • creating new features, bugfixes and testing them takes much time
    • seperating the bugfixes and updates from SVN and createing the patches takes much time
    • there were only a few weeks between the currently released patches
    • have a look at the commercial products, and how long it takes until they have patches ready for the public
    with that in mind,
    be patient!
    and say :"Thank you rtv and high for providing us with patches!"

BowtoKing.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom