NFL Scores update? (1 Viewer)

S

sehested

Hello
Would it be posible to make at plugin that could grab the live update of NFL scores from nfl.com so you dont have to run all the way from your tv to your computer when you watch nfl games on tv. In this way you could watch the game and with the puss of a button you could change screen and watch the rest of the scores from the other games. This would be great if this was posible to make.

critifer

Portal Pro
February 9, 2005
HINT -- ...

Newsreader and RSS sites will cover this for u big-time...

There will be a bazillion RSS sites for u to pick from, Yahoo is a good start, simply pick your site and apply to news-reader - DONE!

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: HINT -- ...

critifer said:
    Newsreader and RSS sites will cover this for u big-time...

There will be a bazillion RSS sites for u to pick from, Yahoo is a good start, simply pick your site and apply to news-reader - DONE!

This is a great idea. Now then for a sudden twist - how about allowing one RSS feed to stay on top of whatever is MP screen is running/displayed?

Mike

S

sehested

with the newsreader and the rss feed would it then be posible to get a logo for each team to stand beside the scores because that could be cool. could also be cool if you could get the time from the game and wich tema who had the ball, and where on the course they have it.
    Is there anyone who knows how to make a plugin like this and have the time because im totally new at MP so i got no idea how it works :(

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    sehested said:
    with the newsreader and the rss feed would it then be posible to get a logo for each team to stand beside the scores because that could be cool. could also be cool if you could get the time from the game and wich tema who had the ball, and where on the course they have it.
    Is there anyone who knows how to make a plugin like this and have the time because im totally new at MP so i got no idea how it works :(

This could take a little bit of work. Would need to take the RSS feed (from which XML feed? ESPN, Yahoo, Foxsports, etc) and parse the data to capture the specifics (score, down, play, yardline, etc.), not only that would need to have a configuration as to allow display of specific teams or all teams? Because once it would start then not only pro teams then I am sure would want college teams also! This could be a fun project. I was looking at Konfabulator which Yahoo resently purchased and found a ESPNticker widget, (widget is what they call the small "gadget" type display which shows information) that shows sports news feeds from ESPN and it has the source code. (note: Konfabulator was first developed for Mac OS-X desktop and now has most widgets available for Windows also.) It is a starting place but would require parsing and matching the data to be displayed.

I wish MP users had a similar architecture which would allow placing "widgets" on any MP screen, instead of developers needing to develop the entire screen display. Just my two cents. Then we could have an analog clock or the weather or the TV preview screen, or the music controls, etc. placed anywhere (sized and located to the users desired placement) on any (or all) screen(s) the user wanted.

Guess I am rambling and I diverged. I will stop.

Mike Zemina

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom