Nifty DVB-S Workaround ??? (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

It's awesome that you guys are working so diligently on DVB support for MP. But I've been exploring a different approach and I could use feedback/opinions.

I'm wondering if this will work.....

(1) Use a Nexus-s card & RitzDVB to tune in satellite channels.
(2) Loop the Nexus-s TV-out signal back into the same machine through a PVR-250 (or similar capture card).
(3) Setup USB-UIRT and Girder to allow MediaPortal to change channels through Ritz.

It seems like it should work, but I don't know. There could be conflicts in having so many remotes and drivers running at once.

Please...all thoughts welcome!!!

A

Anonymous

Agreed. Anyone know for sure? Anyone have experience with it?

Also bionicdonkey, are you guys working on DVB-S too, or just DVB-T? I don't know if DVB-S cards (the Nexus-s, for example) has the right types of drivers available. (?)

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    As can be read in the other thread there are now 2 versions of dvb in development.
    1 plugin for BDA and 1 non bda.

So no weird things needed when thats done.

A

Anonymous

As can be read in the other thread there are now 2 versions of dvb in development.
    1 plugin for BDA and 1 non bda.

So no weird things needed when thats done.
    Yes...I was just reading all about that! That's the most exciting news I've read in weeks!!! Seems that every HTPC program has dropped the ball on DVB support (except the Linux-based solutions). I can't wait to be able to test MediaPortal with this new functionality! BRAVO to everyone who's slaving away at making this work!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom