No active streams (1 Viewer)

rvas2013

July 14, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello new to forum. I was using windows media center to record tv my problem is the files that wmc records are really large files then have to use mcebuddy to convert which takes forever. So I installed latest build of mediaportal try an alternative and see how recordings come out but i get a no active streams message.It says that the tuner i have is not supported.and to report to forum I have an old tuner its a avermedia 23888 tuner i know its old but it does its job. Any way of getting program to work with Tuner? Thanks.

My specs are: AMD Phenom II X4 B60 Proc. 3.30 GHz
Memory: 3.00 GB
System: 64-bit
Windows: Windows 7 Home Premium

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome :)

my problem is the files that wmc records are really large files then have to use mcebuddy to convert which takes forever.
    MediaPortal can't provide a solution to this problem... and nor can any other software I'm aware of.

Getting a smaller file size requires re-encoding. As you have seen with your MCEBuddy experience, re-encoding is very hardware intensive (ie. takes a long time, uses a lot of CPU/GPU, power etc.). Unless you have a very powerful computer, it's not usually practical to re-encode in "real time" (ie. while the recording is taking place). Therefore it's normal to expect that you'd have to use tools like MCEBuddy after the recording completes if you want smaller file sizes.

...but i get a no active streams message.It says that the tuner i have is not supported.and to report to forum I have an old tuner its a avermedia 23888 tuner i know its old but it does its job. Any way of getting program to work with Tuner?
    If you still want assistance with your tuner then please provide your MediaPortal log files.

If you're using MediaPortal 1.x (eg. 1.15), please use the provided Watchdog tool with option 3 ("export..."). The Watchdog will produce a zip file which you can attach ("upload a file") to your reply.

If you're using MediaPortal 2, please use the provided log collector tool as described -->here<--.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom