no Autostart (since Win 10 update) (1 Viewer)

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

suddenly (I swear didin't made any change!) the IRRS isn't started anylonger after System Boot.

Not IR Server, nore Translator!

Manually starting it does fine.

Even adding it to Taskplaner didn't help. Also a reinstall not.

Any Idea what I can do?

Thanks!

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    well, went back to a backup and let windows do the Update (16299) again: After Update no IR Server Tray or Translator :(

Does anybody know how to solve this?

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Try to re-install IRSS. Use the one provided in this forum. Windows doesn't update IRSS by itself.

Yes, tried several times V1.5.0.116 (like I wrote in first Post...), but no effect.

Even with "Admin" rights for the Programs no change.

Currently testing if a workaround can solve it: Starting Server & Tray & Translator via Event in IRSS Plugin of MP. Looks like it's working...

Starwer

Portal Member
    August 27, 2014
    Eindhoven
    Home Country
    France France
    You can also try this: In Translator, go to Menu: Advance>Configuration. Check the "Start with Window". Then Close the Configuration. This should trigger some elevation popup (Admin right request).

The startup setting of Translator/IRSS Startup is stored in the Register base. If this still doesn't work (for Translator at least), it can be that there is a problem there.

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Finaly I recovered the backup again, because there was no advantage (in functinality) due to the update and even the workaround with the start via IRSS didn't work out in the way to my satisfaction. Even the autostart of MP did not work.

In the "old" version, I disabled the update service. Unfortunatly it seems like Win10 home enables the update service from time to time (after reboot).
    Frustrating... :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom