No bug reports allowed (1 Viewer)

mrkaras

Portal Pro
December 9, 2006
Home Country
I just tried to post a bug report, but when I press the newbutton the page tells me I don't have permision to access that page!

MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: Vista ultamate x32
CPU Type: core 2 duo 2.1
HDD: western digital 400Gb
Memory: 1Gb
Motherboard: Asus P5L-VM 1394
Video Card: Asus Gforce 6200 LE
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: onboard (ASUS)
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: kworld (currently removed(BSOD issues))
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T (PCI)
1. TV Card Driver: 4.0.108.4
2. TV Card: ASUS My cinema U3000 Mini (not currently pluged in(antanna wiring issues))
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T (USB)
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card: DNTV! Live Dual Hybrid PCIe (only card currently in use)
3. TV Card Type: twin hybrid
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: thermaltake motzart
Cooling: CPU fan / passive on other
Power Supply:
Remote: iMon
TV: Samsung LA37R7
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA, (not DVI->HDMI, mis-led by samsung)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi :)

I moved your post to this section.
    Maybe High can assist.

It might also be helpful if you can confirm which forum.

This one?
    Bugreports - MediaPortal Forum
    Or one of the sub forums?

I also received similar notice from iosub. Will also direct him here for more info.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    I was able to create a new thread there. Maybe limited by user group??

Does it really make sense to post a bug report based on an old version?
    So many fixes were implemented since 1.0.1 that to me it seems a waste of developer time.

Is it not best to try the latest version, maybe on a test machine, and do the bug report based on that, if still applicable?

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    last I saw there was no upgrade option to version 1.1 version and 1.01 was stated as a stable version where 1.1 is still marked as beta . the message being sent is a bit mixed, one place the statement will be that you should only use the test versions on a test machine and use the released versions for proper machines, but then as soon as a bug shows up if seems to swap to using the untested version. I would upgrade but until it is upgradeable its a real pain.
    I'm not sure how it is done in MP, but all database changes should be done via a script included with the program, there should never be a database upgrade issue, not even in SVN versions (unless its a bug), thats the way we do it where I work and it seems to work well.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    No, 1.0.1 is an old version. Although it was labelled stable at time of release, it is still an old archived version.
    MediaPortal 1.0.2 is the latest stable version.
    For bug reports on that, you should post here and not in the archive.

But I would still strongly recommend that you read the changelogs to see if your new bugreport was not already fixed.

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Oh, I see now. I thought the bug report area was just divided into a section for each version, I hadn't realized 1.0.2 didn't get a section, I would have expected to see a sub forum for that too. Anyway, I'll upgrade before long and see where that gets me, MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - MediaPortal 1.0.2 RELEASED seems so indicate its mostly install issues fixed but I haven't looked through the change log yet, I'm due for a MP reinstall anyway.
    I'm just always a bit hesitant to change versions because my experience has been that the new version usually works less than the old one in some important way.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    If you do not like to upgrade that often, and you do not have a current showstopper that is forcing you to upgrade, then you might as well wait a bit longer for 1.1.0.
    No, I do not know how long unfortunately :D

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    I did 'upgrade' to 1.0.2. initially after upgrading the server wouldn't run, including its setup (I think the installer may not have installed it, I think it does that sometimes but I'm not defiantly sure what happened) and the setup for the client crashed, so I couldn't run that half. after uninstalling the server and client deleting the files left behind in the MP directory then reinstalling I did eventual get both to run. I haven't done enough with it yet to know if it is running better, I lost client settings but not server settings. this is a fairly typical experience when I install a new version, except so far the TV does seem to be working properly.

hopefully it solves all my problems anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom