no compilations or lower priority/tag to album song first appeared on (1 Viewer)

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Hi Helmut,

I followed the development from the early days and MPTagThat has really developed extremely nice.

I used even more tools than you, because each had its strength, e.g. album lookup, organization, naming conventions, lyrics, etc.

Now I need only 1 tool that does it all nearly perfect!

Now, here is what would take it for me from 98% to 100% :)

There is one thing which I liked about magic mp3tagger:

I rarely tag complet albums, mostly single songs from different artists or a bunch of songs from one artist, but from a couple of different albums.

What I would like to do is: Tag the song to the oldest studio album on which the song first appeared.
    This means prefer an older album to a newer one, prefer an original album over a best of, prefer an album from the artist over a compilation.

I don't know how much of the necessary data would be available,
    magic mp3 tagger wasn't perfect in this too, but it worked o.k.

So, if it cannot be programmed it might be a possibility to add the year of the album to its title to the dialog that pops up when more than one album was found. So one could manually choose the oldest.

In magic mp3 there was a result shown like in the attached screenshot.

db01.gif

Independently from the above, I'd like an option to avoid tagging of e.g. chart titles to compilations like "Bravo-Hits-62" or something.

Could you imagin something like this?

tomtom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom