HDD: Seagate 7200.11 500 GB
    Memory: 2 GB DDR2 667 Mhz
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H
    Video Card:
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Digital everywhere FloppyDTV HW Version 1.26.01, FW Version 1.4.0 - B52030
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.5.N
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion V2
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection: Sub-D

Hi,

I noticed a problem in the epg, there's no conflictmanagement if you choose to record several ongoing programs.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Goto tv-guide
    2. select an ongoing program and hit r and select either current program or until manually stopped, recording starts
    3. select another ongoing program on another transponder (or if you have cam limit set to 1 I suppose they can even be on same transponder) and hit r and select either current program or until manually stopped, the recording won't start because tv-server is already busy recording, and as long as the conflict exists tv.log fills up with messages that all cards are busy.

This is not very userfriendly and can lead to confusion. What I would like to see here instead is a dialog prompt similar to the one in schedule screen that is telling me about the conflict and how to deal with it.

//johnzered

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    But it does work when stopping the manual recording, right? So its "just" a question of userfriendlyness?

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    But it does work when stopping the manual recording, right? So its "just" a question of userfriendlyness?

That's correct, but still as the code already exists it shouldn't be that hard to implement it in this scenario too. This is of course nothing critical that needs to be fixed right away. But maybe after 1.0 is out and hopefully most of the bugs are gone it would be a good time to rethink and further develop the overall userfriendlyness in mp and that's where I think this one's come in, along with other small confusing things...

Thanks!

//johnzered

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom