[not reproducible] No EPG in 1 client after update to 1.3b (1 Viewer)

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm on a multi-seat setup, Win XP, updated from 1.3a.

After updating to 1.3b the client on the TV server shows "Label missing" when i try to look at the EPG on all skins. The clients on other machine work fine, and on the client that is having the problem if i go to "channel" in the TV section, it is populated with the programs that should be showing in the EPG.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello TLD

Thanks for the report. I was just about to ask to see your MediaPortal.xml when you switched out the log files. ;)
    I think we're discussing this same issue here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/no-connection-to-tv-server.114609/page-2

(Don't be put off by the thread name - the topic has sort of meandered...)

Your MediaPortal.xml contains the following:
    <entry name="group">FAVORITES</entry>
    <entry name="channel">13 KCPQ</entry>

Are you able to confirm that group and channel exist?

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ahhh, I see the problem:
    2012-12-15 15:06:20.281250 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: TvGuideBase: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'TvLibrary.Epg.MpGenre' from assembly 'TvLibrary.Interfaces, Version=1.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

So it looks like your MP client install on that particular machine hasn't updated correctly... or you're attempting to connect to a non-MP 1.3 beta server.

To be clear: you can't mix and match versions of MP and TV Server. If you want MP 1.3 beta clients then you must also update the server; if you update the server then you must also update the clients.

If you've updated both client and server then it looks like the upgrade hasn't gone entirely smoothly.
    Did you close MP and manually stop the TV service before updating?

Last edited:

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    I updated all clients and the TV server, i did turn off all the MP clients, i did forget to turn off the TV service, but the EPG DOES work on the other client.

Ahhh, I see the problem:
    2012-12-15 15:06:20.281250 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: TvGuideBase: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'TvLibrary.Epg.MpGenre' from assembly 'TvLibrary.Interfaces, Version=1.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

So it looks like your MP client install on that particular machine hasn't updated correctly... or you're attempting to connect to a non-MP 1.3 beta server.

To be clear: you can't mix and match versions of MP and TV Server. If you want MP 1.3 beta clients then you must also update the server; if you update the server then you must also update the clients.

If you've updated both client and server then it looks like the upgrade hasn't gone entirely smoothly.
    Did you close MP and manually stop the TV service before updating?

Looks like the TV server was updated as the other clients EPG are working.
    So should i try to update the client on the TV server again then?

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So should i try to update the client on the TV server again then?
    The TV plugin and associated DLLs for that client seem to be the issue. Updating the client won't help because the TV plugin is updated by the TV Server installer.

Here is the relevant logging:
    [ INFO] TVServer component is already installed.
    [ INFO] --> Means it is a SingleSeat installation.
    [ INFO] --> Means TVServer was already updated.
    [ INFO] ==> TVServer/Client won't be uninstalled.
    [ INFO] Installing MediaPortal TV Client plugin...
    [ INFO] Terminating processes ...
    [ INFO] KillProcess: MediaPortal.exe
    [ INFO] KillProcess: MediaPortal.exe is not running.
    [ INFO] KillProcess: configuration.exe
    [ INFO] KillProcess: configuration.exe is not running.
    [ INFO] MediaPortal Installed at: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal
    [ INFO] MediaPortalPlugins are at: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins
    [ INFO] Doing post installation stuff...

I'm not the expert on the install/upgrade process but to me it looks like the TV plugin should have been installed updated.

Much as I'd like to identify the cause, I don't think we'll be able to reproduce it. That being the case, the best thing to do is to get your setup working ASAP. Please could you check the version numbers on the TV plugin files and see if TvLibrary.Interfaces.dll is the only problem. These are the files to check in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal:
    TvBusinessLayer.dll
    TvControl.dll
    TVDatabase.dll

...and in the plugins\Windows sub-directory, TvPlugin.dll.

They should all be version 1.2.200.
    If they're not, replace them with the corresponding files from the TV Server install folder. That *should* resolve the problem.

mm

Last edited:

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    TvBusinessLayer.dll is version 1.2.200.0
    TvControl.dll is version 1.2.3.0
    TVDatabase.dll is version 1.2.200.0
    TvPlugin.dll is version 1.2.200.0

I turned off the TV server and updated the TvControl.dll to version 1.2.200.0 from the TV server folder in programs files and restarted the TV server and still no joy EPG still shows "Missing Label".

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I take it you did the same with TvLibrary.Interfaces.dll. I didn't list it explicitly but same applies with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom