No EPG tried everything (1 Viewer)

ToothFaerie

Portal Member
May 31, 2014
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi guys, I have read all the destructions and followed every method I have come across and yet I cannot get a single TV or radio stations EPG. I have tried XLMTV and WEBEPG neither do anything. I have been trying since Wednesday last week and am virtually bald with all the hair pulling. The last information I used to try to get something was here :-

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ion/TV-Server_Configuration/13_Plugins/WebEPG

and

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._TV_Setup/4_TV_Guide_Setup_(EPG)/XMLTV_mc2xml

I have ran everything with admin rights and without, I have had no success at all, please help as I think I might be losing my mind, and my teeth are in shreds from all the grinding and gnashing. Thank you in advanced for any help offered.

ToothFaerie

Portal Member
May 31, 2014
Home Country
I might have fixed it! YEEHAW! Right I have just tried 'auto map' for the country, even though I had already selected 'United Kingdom', pressed save and then 'Grab Now' and it started downloading. I will confirm that it is working after it has completed the task. YEEHAW![DOUBLEPOST=1401537493][/DOUBLEPOST]Nope, downloaded but nothing in the EPG. Gosh darn it!!

Last edited:

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    Can I ask why you are not using the over the air EPG?

Since you are in the UK this is by far the simplest way and doesn't require any plugins. Is it a DVB-T or DVB-S/S2 card that you have?

ToothFaerie

Portal Member
    May 31, 2014
    Home Country
    Hi Erichzann, I have tried all I can but not matter what I do the EPG does nothing. The EPG works on Media Center but I have missing channels in WMC that I cannot get to work for love nor money. This is why I am trying to make Mediaportal do my bidding. Is there a way to force over the air in MP, if so could you tell me, or point me in the right direction. Thank you for your time.

P.S. It is a DVB-S card I am using.
    P.S.S. It is the one in my Signature an S350 DVB-S. :)

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    Ok for DVB-S what you need to do is the following in the TV Server Configuration:

1. Under TV servers > (Name of server PC) - click on the DVB-S card and click edit. Ensure 'Allow this card to be used for EPG grabbing is selected.

2. Under DVB EPG > TV EPG: ensure 'Store data only for selected channels' is unselected. You don't need to select any channels here. In the list of languages make sure all the English languages are selected.

3. Under DVB EPG > Radio EPG Grabber: Ensure that ''Store data only for selected channels' is unselected and select 'Freesat info' in the list of radio channels. In the list of languages make sure all the English languages are selected.

4. Manual Control > Refresh DVB EPG (or just wait and it will populate over time.

BTW you may want to upgrade you DVB-S card at some point as you cannot get HD over DVB-S. Was it the HD channels you were missing? DVB-S2 is needed for those.

ToothFaerie

Portal Member
    May 31, 2014
    Home Country
    You Sir are my hero! Thank you very much for your help, I now have a fully populated channel guide. As for the HD programs I am not that interested at the moment as we only watch freeview and that is mainly used by my Misses for her crime drama addiction. The programs that did not show up in WMC were Channel 5, RT and Al Jazera NEWS and all of the extra Channel 4 channels, the only ones I want to have available are the RT and AJ News. Anyway I am waffling, Thank you once again Erichzann, you are a star.

P.S. I do have about five or so HD channels, but I am an LFC supporter so would never willingly pay money to News International in any of it's guises. RT HD is extremely pretty on the eyes, how many people really need to use a medicated shampoo to get rid of dandruff is quite astounding. :)

ToothFaerie

Portal Member
    May 31, 2014
    Home Country
    The Misses now wants one in the bedroom, so I might be going down that track quite soon. We only just bought this last week because my old DVB-T died, so maybe I will purchase one in the very near future. Thank you once again Erichzann, you really have been very helpful and informative. I hope one day to be able to help you in kind. Have a great weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom