[Question] No free card available & TVService can't be closed (1 Viewer)

c 4

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
After having the HTPC run unattended fro several day, I checked back and noticed that I could't switch on live-tv - "No free card available". While it has recorded most if not all until yesterday, today TVService got stuck somehow.

I tried "net stop TVService" but got a TVservice can't be stopped message, so I had to restart the HTPC. After that it worked well again.
Although I used the debug function, the log is much too big, so I did some cleanup - the "tvserver_TVService.log" was 70MB because of the numerous futile retries to record. I deleted all lines above the one that you see as the first line now.

Why can't MP just detect that TVServer is hopelessly stuck and initialize a PC restart ?

[attachment removed]

Last edited:

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Although I used the debug function, the log is much too big, so I did some cleanup - the "tvserver_TVService.log" was 70MB because of the numerous futile retries to record. I deleted all lines above the one that you see as the first line now.
    Unfortunately you've removed the information that would enable us to find and solve this problem. :(

Why can't MP just detect that TVServer is hopelessly stuck and initialize a PC restart ?
    From the looks of the TV service log, it is not hopelessly stuck and there is a bug somewhere in the tuner reservation system. This could be fixed if you could provide the older log files.

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag

c 4

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Just to be sure:
    I have to replace the original MP files with the files from these 2 archives:
    TsWriter_mm_deadlock_v6_[mp_1.5pr].zip [containing TVLibrary.dll, TvService.exe]
    TsWriter_mm_deadlock_v5_[mp_1.5pr].zip [containing TsWriter.ax]
    right ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    J No free card v1.21 Installation, configuration support 7
    KlausWirn Best Practise Codecs (free) Codecs, External Players 0
    ratata [solved] Can't get two virtual IPTV cards to work side by side... General Support 6
    mrmojo666 [Tv Server Plugin ]Direct Show Video Control Plugin 0.0.0.1 for Hauppauge PVR cards MediaPortal 1 Plugins 0
    P Streaming to two clients from the same card Newcomers Forum 1
    A Should I buy this card in 2020? Newcomers Forum 9
    badboyxx TV card is listed as unknown in TV-server config General 4
    A RTL2832U (REALTEK DTV Filter) re-appears with new card ID in TV server after something? General Support 3
    D Tuner Suddenly Missing Channels TV-Cards 0
    L Mediaportal 2 - Digital Devices Max M4 - kein Signal bzw. Cards busy Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 2
    J DVB-S2 card fails to tune? Subchannel count increasing Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 3
    M New Capture Card Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    F Hauppauge dvbs,dvbt card problem MediaPortal 1 Talk 7
    N What dvb-t/t2 dual or quad tuners work with media portal (in the UK)? Newcomers Forum 8
    porky996t DVB Sat card possibly failed General Support 1
    pur_berger Which TV Card (USB, CI) works with MP2 und Win10? General 6
    A Genpix skywalker dvb card not scanning channels 1.19 0
    RossMcivor I'm just not getting any results part from card/device name/ids, no card status's TV-Server 1
    Hotkey Search for external Graphic Card to use UHD w. 60Hz Video-Cards 0
    T My trusted TBS 6922 DVB-S2 card won't work in new system....any ideas please!!? General Support 3
    K Schedules Direct or Tuner Card Incorrect Station Electronic Program Guide 0
    A Issue with TBS 6902 dual s2 decocer card General Support 0
    V Remotes and TV cards General 2
    P External Capture Cards General 3
    MClements13 TV CARD NOT SUPPORTED General 0