[Question] No free card available & TVService can't be closed (1 Viewer)

c 4

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
After having the HTPC run unattended fro several day, I checked back and noticed that I could't switch on live-tv - "No free card available". While it has recorded most if not all until yesterday, today TVService got stuck somehow.

I tried "net stop TVService" but got a TVservice can't be stopped message, so I had to restart the HTPC. After that it worked well again.
Although I used the debug function, the log is much too big, so I did some cleanup - the "tvserver_TVService.log" was 70MB because of the numerous futile retries to record. I deleted all lines above the one that you see as the first line now.

Why can't MP just detect that TVServer is hopelessly stuck and initialize a PC restart ?

[attachment removed]

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Although I used the debug function, the log is much too big, so I did some cleanup - the "tvserver_TVService.log" was 70MB because of the numerous futile retries to record. I deleted all lines above the one that you see as the first line now.
    Unfortunately you've removed the information that would enable us to find and solve this problem. :(

Why can't MP just detect that TVServer is hopelessly stuck and initialize a PC restart ?
    From the looks of the TV service log, it is not hopelessly stuck and there is a bug somewhere in the tuner reservation system. This could be fixed if you could provide the older log files.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

c 4

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Just to be sure:
    I have to replace the original MP files with the files from these 2 archives:
    TsWriter_mm_deadlock_v6_[mp_1.5pr].zip [containing TVLibrary.dll, TvService.exe]
    TsWriter_mm_deadlock_v5_[mp_1.5pr].zip [containing TsWriter.ax]
    right ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom