No internet equals no TV/recorded programme why? (1 Viewer)

underthecovers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2010
    Oxfordshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Why is it, whenever I have no internet access, I am not able to watch any TV programme or able to record any TV?? Have I missed something out during the setup?

In SQL set up it does show my PC name, so no problem there, everything works fine when I have internet, but as soon as my internet session drops, nothing.

Please assist.

underthecovers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2010
    Oxfordshire
    Home Country
    Thank you, that solved the problem, I turned off the internet to see what happened, after pc returned from hibernation/standby, TV was working as expected.

I'm just interested what happened when I decide at some point to have clients attach to the server via network for TV watching.

Many Thanks.:D

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Unfortunately for that to happen you would need your house wired with cat6 cable over a gb lan, wireless routers, even the best are prone to drop signal at some point.

underthecovers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2010
    Oxfordshire
    Home Country
    Ah! Let me explain the reason for posting this originally......

I found out by accident that when I went away on holiday, I powered off my router, and realised that on my return that no programme got recorded, but at the time I didn't realise that my action cause this. Recently my broadband became unavailable by ISP due to a fault, and again this time with me being home, I got no TV and no programme got recorded, I then sussed out that between my last holiday and broadband issue, no internet = no tv/recorded programme.

My pc (with Mediaportal in a single seat environment) is hardwired to the router, I do not use wireless, but with no internet I have this problem, hence the posting of this issue. What I don't understand is why does Mediaportal have to have internet access in order to allow TV/recorded programme to work when it does this by aerial?

So it is hard wired from the PC all the way to the router, with no wireless.;)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    That explains that then :)

But I also know a lot of people who turn their network off when not using.

Hopefully we will steer TVE4 away from this reliability, external internet should not interfere with recordings.

brokodabr

April 24, 2010
    Home Country
    I cant record any TV programs on media portal. Pls, explain step by step how can I do it? Heeeelp !!!!:oops:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Is this related to either no internet or wireless internet if not please start a new topic in the newcomers forum.

We need pc details including TV card, also which version of MP you are running.

Then can you give us a bit more detail about what you have done.

You might also want to look at this TV-Server/Configuration/TVServers - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom