No music after resume from standby - BASS_ERROR_BUFLOST (1 Viewer)

mba

Portal Pro
September 16, 2005
Aarhus
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi

I am suffering from missing music when returning from standby. The GUI sounds are playing fine when stepping through the menu's but I get an "unable to play" when trying to play music. I am using the bass player and I see a BASS_ERROR_BUFLOST in the logs. Does anybody has a solution for this issue? I am connected with an AVR through HDMI and I am suspecting that BASS player is not handling the rehandshake very well.

Best regards
Martin

mba

Portal Pro
September 16, 2005
Aarhus
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Leaving the HTPC on and powering off/on my AVR+TV breaks music playback in MP. I can see that the audio connection is remade when the AVR is powered on again, but there is something wrong with the BASS player in MP which does not seem to survive the connection loss. GUI sounds and general window sounds are working perfectly, only music, radio and sometimes TV audio is lost. When this happens the system freezes completely when trying to watch a tv channel.

Please if anybody owning a EB1501 / ION based system have a solution to this problem I would be very grateful. Or have you never experienced this issue before? In either case I would like a peek at your system specs, driver versions and MP configuration in an attempt to solve this problem.

Am I the only one having ridiculous many issues with a HDMI connection. I thought this would solve alot of issues because of the audio being integrated and its one-connection to my AVR, but instead its giving me headaches, including issues like Windows 7 halfscreen problem described here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/operating-system-330/windows-7-half-fullscreen-71785/index13.html

I am almost giving up on my HTPC now buying a HDD recorder from my cable provider instead, every time I solve one issue another one crops up. Just bought the EB1501 in an attempt to solve some other issues with a homebuild HTPC.

Best regards
Martin

mba

Portal Pro
September 16, 2005
Aarhus
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
The issue is partially gone if I disable 5.1 upmixing but it still happens if tv/avr was turned off while playing music.

Am I the only one having this problem? If not I would like to file a bug report, but if there is something wrong with my setup I will not waste the developers time.

mba

Portal Pro
September 16, 2005
Aarhus
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
For future reference I sort of solved the issue by installing the Pure Audio plugin and using that instead, I then can restart music after AVR/TV has been turned off and I even have 5.1 upmixing working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom