No Next button at the choose folder screen... (1 Viewer)

dbinaz

Portal Member
October 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I can't remember, but may have had a nightly build of RC3. I went to install .23 final and the "Next" button is greyed out no matter what I do. i looked around and didn't see anything about this. I am on Vista Home Premium.

Any ideas?

Derek

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    I don't understand what you mean in your post, is this MP, TVE3, or what(screenshot, logs, specs)?

Regards
    Roy

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    If the button is greyed out, is it possible that you need to uninstall the existing RC version before you install the final?
    If you're going to uninstall, be aware that the new version will delete your skins, plugins and musicplayer folders as well. Make a backup first if you have any customised skins, etc.

dbinaz

Portal Member
    October 27, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ok, i don't have a nightly build, it was the rc3.
    I would hope I don't have to uninstall. that would make no sense.

To all others, it is the INSTALL itself. When you get to the part that asks you for the install directory, the NEXT button is greyed out.

D

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I would hope I don't have to uninstall. that would make no sense.
    Unfortunately, you must uninstall your current version of Mediaportal, delete all remaining folders and files in the \MediaPortal directory, and then do a fresh install. Make a backup copy of your current MedaiPortal folder first, though.

When you get to the part that asks you for the install directory, the NEXT button is greyed out.
    Probably because you have not fully uninstalled your current version, first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom