[confirm] No notification BEFORE a recording is about to start (1 Viewer)

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,
Ok, had some time to clear my head & test this + looked @ how it is supposed to work & (Only tested with single tuner, but will out of curiosity test on HTPC with more tuners):

1. Notification for Start / Stop of recording works as it should when enabled in MP Config (It notifies on start of recording & stop of recording as text in config says in Recording notifications, no matter where you are in MP(ofc not tested everywhere in MP :p )).

2. The TV Notification can be set to go off in xxx seconds before show starts(& also before recording starts if enabled in rec screen) & be on screen in xx seconds & when enabled it works too, so after this test it works as text says in TV Config screen part.

When it comes to Notification when a channel it's occupied i have to check further both testing & in code to be sure, but no time for that now....

Regards
Roy

I'm :sorry: guys! I only tried to put the attention back to this topic (and it worked :D).
Just want to help to clear as many bugs before the final version is released.
Offcourse thanks for the effort!

2. I've found out that there is a workaround for the problem that the timeshiftbuffer is deleted! When you hit ok on the message that appears on tvhome, live tv is stopped immedediately and the timeshiftbuffer is deleted BUT when you hit the back button when the message appears, you can continue watching the timeshiftbuffer of live tv until the recording started! I think that that is what almost all people want and expect. So my suggestion here would be that after you hit ok on the message in tv home, you continue watching the timeshiftbuffer until it runs out. I hope its clear what I mean.

3. As fas as I can recall the message says that live tv will be interrupted. Shouldn't this message only appear when actually watching tv? In my oppinion it could be quite annoying when for example you're watching a movie (DVD/download/etc). How do you see this?

For the Notifications part, I think I've misunderstood the notifications section in config!
So when I enable tv notifications, say with value 5 minutes, everytime a recording is about to start I get a warning of that fact? I always thought this was the activation of the 'allerts' part (yellow in epg), when you want to be notified for the start of a show (not a recording). I'll check it out! :D This would solve one of my three 'problems' :)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    For the TV Notification you have to enable that in the same screen as Recording it's activated, then you get a notification before rec/show starts (it's the same as normal reminder of that the show is about to start, nothing else - just make sure reminder time is longer then pre rec time).

For the other i have to find some time to test that, not seen it here but that doesn't mean no bug or bad behaving, just that i haven't a setup which causes it.....

Regards
    Roy

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    the TV notifier isn't too intelligent :)

those spotted issues should be fixed imho.
    some of the msgs should only appear when wacthing TV, as u also state.

Yesterday I disabled some of my cards for testing purposes.

To my surprise I still got the message about "tv being interrupted by recording". which is utter bollocs, since there's no cards available (in this case, card is disabled).

/gibman

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Yesterday I disabled some of my cards for testing purposes.

To my surprise I still got the message about "tv being interrupted by recording". which is utter bollocs, since there's no cards available (in this case, card is disabled).

In my opinion that is something that definitely shouldn't been tried to fix (in any other way that adding an automatic disable for the tv notifier plugin if no tv cards are available). Building code that is too complex, just for sake of fixing some really minor use case is not doing any good for the product itself (just probably introduces few new bugs in some other rarely happening use cases).

Some nice summer reading: Criminal Overengineering yield thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom